1,628 posts
Shepherd

I just cant get over the fact that people are racist

• 54 Replies
homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I can. Some people are just ignorant and want to believe that their race is 'superior' to everyone else. Take Hitler. He thought tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed Germans were the superior race. Actually quite ironic, since he was short and had brown hair, as well as coming from a Jewish family. Take about hypocritical :P

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah but no race is superior

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I know that, but some people like to think they are superior to all others. Arrogance, is what it is.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well it cant just be arrogance

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

its a combination of things.. im not a racist, but i hate seeing people wearing sagging clothes, being disrespectful.. it may be arrogance and also anger at someone else's mannerisms about how they act...

Raxter
Raxter
143 posts
Nomad

I agree with GreatZulu638. People who think they are cool going with their pants below their knees and talking shit to other people must hadd a terrible childhood lol. Anyway racism is bad and i hate to see people talk like that, nothing gotta be worse then beeing told crap too couse of wath "race" you are ( we are all the same! )

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Clothing has nothing to do with race. Specific people might not be the greatest people, but that doesnt mean an entire race is inferior to another.

I was thinking about this while driving home the other day, listening to the radio about the Dem. election. I hate to think that this election can be so messed up solely because one person is dark-skinned and the other is a woman. It sickens me that people still consider these attributes to be negative, and would disregard the positives about these people.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Everyone has preconceived notions about different races and cultures that are not their own. Its normal, there is no getting around that. You see things that are different and you categorize them, thats how the human mind works. But once you start discriminating, then thats when it takes a wrong turn. There are differences in races depending on the regions we originated from, some races (our bodies, not minds) might be better at doing somethings more than others, this is normal, but to say that one race is simply better than another is a stupid comment to make. You can say that you do not like things that people do, even if one race tends to do it statistically more than another.

I also agree with GreatZulu638, i don't like people who are disrespectful, rude, and degrade the quality of life in neighborhoods, etc. Statistically speaking there are more Hispanic and black gang members in California than there are others. This does not mean I don't like those races, I have nothing against them. I do not like gangsters, etc. Which can mean any races included in a gang (this includes white supremists, KKK, etc)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, I was going to say something very similar to Flip. Thanks a lot! :P

I would like to push this discussion to new branch: Do you think humans can ever reach a point where racism is near non-existent?

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

Great Question Asherlee. I don't believe we will ever reach a place where people aren't racist.

I believe all people are created equal and deserve dignity, love and respect.

For me, a great model that I follow is the person of Jesus. Reading his teachings shows me that we should 'love our neighbor as ourself', no matter what color or race they are.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

He does have some dang good philosophies. Good ol' Jesus...

But, I fear you are right. How does that quote go?: People are stupid, a person is smart

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

I have come to the conclusion that skin color doesn't have that much to do with it. As a general rule, people do not like that which is different than themselves.

The most hate filled racists I've ever seen, were black.

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

DecadentDragon wrote:

The most hate filled racists I've ever seen, were black.

I disagree, I think whites are just as capable of being racist as african Americans.

Look @ early US history when we had slaves, or Hitler and the Holocaust.

Both these events imposed a value system that said, someone was created higher or deserved more equality than another person.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, my dog is racist. He prefers my Mexican girlfriend over me. I've tried to talk to him about it... he just calls me a sneaky Spaniard.

fft
fft
12 posts
Nomad

i agree with DecadentDragon

Showing 1-15 of 54