ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCommunity Tile Project - Autumn 2010

156 37843
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the First Community Tile Project, the Community Tile Project of Autumn 2010!

So what is it exactly?

You, the user, are given a 50 by 50 pixel tile to fill in relating to the current theme of the Project. The theme for this Project is Your Username. Accepted tiles will be added to the image at the bottom of this post. I have already filled in the first tile. The Project will end when there are 100 tiles or at the end of September, whichever comes first. Hopefully we can get as many entries as possible.

There are several things to keep in mind when making your tiles:

-Entries must be 50 by 50 pixels. Smaller entries will need filler to be up to size requirements.
-One entry per user. You may revise your entry at any time before the end of the project.
-Entry must relate to your username. If it isn't immediately obvious, explanation may be necessary.
-Entries should be submitted before October 1st.

Get your entries in before October 1st and we'll see how this turns out. Feel free to post any questions or comments you have about the Project.

Community Tile Project - Autumn 2010 - Usernames
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTAut10.gif
NOTE: You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache to view the latest image.

• 156 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There are still 3 weeks left to enter this. Hopefully we can at least get a number that allows a nice arrangement.

RegisterAccount
RegisterAccount
43 posts
Nomad

Sweet, count me in. Although I don't know exactly when I will get around to making a tile.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed with the turnout. D:

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I am not surprised. It is still better than complete failure. Hopefully the next one will turn out much better.

8 days left to enter people!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well I said I was going to participate and I never back out of a promise, so here we are!

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/Freakenstein_AG/XatTileProject.png

If you don't know, it's supposed to be shaped like an F, and it resembles Freakenstein's helmet. I started at 7:30 something so it was a little over an hour to complete. Very proud of it and my grueling efforts! ^_^

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

@Replies: Perhaps when the next theme is more creative, more users will want to participate. I also think it's not too far off the chart to say people want their entry to look good. Paint and Xat really dont accomplish much unless you are quite thorough with it.

That being said, we should reiterate that this is merely for FUN, PARTICIPATION, and CONTRIBUTION.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Some people I've talked to either have no idea what to do with a 50x50 tile at the moment or state that they're horrible at computer art without a graphics tablet

Triple post, but legit, since it's been a day.

Take my submission for example. That image was originally 200x200. Obviously, people can't be expected to work on an entry WHILE the resolution is at 50x50. Once you are working on the entry, just originally have the picture broader so you can work efficiently. Then use a site like Photobucket to resize the image to 50x50.

If people are complaining of their turnout with their submission, just make sure that your tile is as general as possible. Don't try to be so detailed with the image, as small parts of it may be a little pixel-y and jagged looking.
KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Well...I've waited long enough, just today I had some free time.
And with that I welcome my tile...

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/KFK_23/AGForumTileProject-KFK-1.png

As you can see, I'm not that good at drawing (and I used a tablet).
I didn't get most of it right and the details aren't that clear I think...

It should represent a countries coat of arms, in which my username origins from that country.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I think that's Kenya's coat of arms (without the lions), am I right?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Updated to 16. 7 days left!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

At least get to the 2nd row people! It doesn't have to be well-made!

It may also be good to have it resized to make it seem morel like a tile set... if we get to 18, we can have it 3x6 or something

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

I think that's Kenya's coat of arms (without the lions), am I right?

Ohh yes, forgot too mention that. It is, but if I drew the lions I would just fail so it was not worth it.

But I tried my best on that crazy chicken with an axe thing.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Frank

I would assume people would have the sense to know that it'd be good to work with a larger image and scale it down but...

I'll see if I can get people to join.

Mayatoto
Mayatoto
30 posts
Nomad

I would assume people would have the sense to know that it'd be good to work with a larger image and scale it down but...

Haha, well I didn't, I started with the small size and zoomed in to make it easier to create.. But I guess that's why mine is so simple. It worked out in my case.

I do hope more people do some tiles
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I don't know how relevant this is to the theme, but I am rather tired, so thinking is going slowly.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/grump.gif
Gif, no transparency.

Showing 76-90 of 156