ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCommunity Tile Project - Autumn 2010

156 37850
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the First Community Tile Project, the Community Tile Project of Autumn 2010!

So what is it exactly?

You, the user, are given a 50 by 50 pixel tile to fill in relating to the current theme of the Project. The theme for this Project is Your Username. Accepted tiles will be added to the image at the bottom of this post. I have already filled in the first tile. The Project will end when there are 100 tiles or at the end of September, whichever comes first. Hopefully we can get as many entries as possible.

There are several things to keep in mind when making your tiles:

-Entries must be 50 by 50 pixels. Smaller entries will need filler to be up to size requirements.
-One entry per user. You may revise your entry at any time before the end of the project.
-Entry must relate to your username. If it isn't immediately obvious, explanation may be necessary.
-Entries should be submitted before October 1st.

Get your entries in before October 1st and we'll see how this turns out. Feel free to post any questions or comments you have about the Project.

Community Tile Project - Autumn 2010 - Usernames
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTAut10.gif
NOTE: You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache to view the latest image.

• 156 Replies
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

This should be fun. *Starts up PSE*

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@KentuckyFriedKenya and anyone else
You guys can post the original images (through a link) if you want, so as to show off your hard work or lack thereof.

@CrazyCatLady
That is what I did, except my entry is lazy-er. :P

@GrumpyNoob
Don't worry, everyone knows Cen means grumpy noob. Will update when I get on my laptop or when ABarOfDarKArgeN posts, whichever one occurs while I'm on my laptop.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Cenere

I just realised that "cenere" is Italian for ash. There is also an Italian silent film entitled Cenere. Some relevance but since you already made your tile I don't think this is convenient timing. I thought it would be good making that known however.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

You forgot something, Cinderella is the English translation of Cenerentola.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Ah, heh. Ash and cinders. Makes me wonder why Cenere named his account Cenere.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Basically I thought it was better to go with the obvious that making a pile of grey matter, no one would know was to be.
Beside, ashes have a lightness with would have been at least rather hard to copy in a 50x50 pixelart.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

can you use photos?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Efan

No. You must create the tile yourself. Feel free to use any program/application. As long as the tile is 50 pixels by 50 pixels you're fine. I also advise you start out with a 250x250 or a 500x500 image and scale it down to 50x50.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

@Gantic

Close enough I think, most people think of this I do not know why.
Actually it's *[Insert my name here]FromKenya*, KFK, simple.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

So this is why Knight kept forcing me to make a tile. Well, I haven't been able to work on it...But it's Saturday right now...I might make one.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MrKetchumAsAFeminineNoun
It wouldn't be as bad as the response to my entry in the first ASC I entered. And I still remember your entry 'cause like that's like the first thing that comes to mind every time I see your username.

@Efan
I'd prefer digital work over photographs, but if it is your own photograph and of good quality (good brightness, contrast, color, exposure, lighting, and resolution) you may use it, though I'm not sure what you have in mind.

@knave_34
I haven't exactly stated what media may be used so long as creative effort was used and the image can be posted without trouble.

@KevinFromKenya
I am playing on your "crazy chicken with an axe thing" comment just like I am now making a play on your "*[Insert my name here]FromKenya*" comment (with a random K name). Also, it isn't much of a stretch from KFC (formerly Kentucky Fried Chicken) to KFK.

@Queenster132
Forced labor is the best labor! *cracks whip like a cruel taskmaster*

Mayatoto
Mayatoto
30 posts
Nomad

Crazy cat lady? Oh noes my worst fears are coming true! But yeah.. it is kinda lame to name yourself after your pets I guess.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That is not lame at all. What is lame is naming yourself after a famous person and an anime... uh.... Lame is what I put as my entry.

To anyone looking to enter: There are 5 days left. I will not accept entries posted after Sep 30, '10 at 11:59pm AGT.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Bantic

I'm sorely tempted to reveal KFK's name. *restraint*

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

*Runs in, throws tile at Gantic*
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww267/XxxDarKArgeNxxX/Soap-Armatar---JPEG--Full-B-1.jpg
*Runs out*

Showing 91-105 of 156