ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 25281
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

why do you want to PM as for anyway?

So we don't have to post "stop spamming" or "stop _____ or we'll ban you" on your public wall for everyone else to see.

Also for "Hey, do you want to be a moderator?" etc...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think that the only people that should be allowed to private message you are Administrators, Moderators and people that you've added to your friends list. Or have followed.

The private messaging idea sounds good though.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

GoM, as we've already stated (several times), you will have control, via the Privacy Settings, to allow or block certain users from sending you private messages. If you want to allow your Friends but not your Followers, you can do so. If you want Friends and Followers, but not total strangers, you can do so. If you want EVERYBODY to be able to send you messages, you can do that too. Or you can turn them all off, and only mods/admins can send you private messages.

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

I think it would work well because many people only want to send a private message to a popular person but it will be seen as they are sooooooo popular.

sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

then that pop person will get many messages

Showing 106-110 of 110