ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 25280
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

What about not censoring the private messages?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Strop's fault. To him, he pretty much trained me towards becoming a mod the last half year or so, and then kept poking me until I said yes.

This ultimately suggests that Cenere was drafted into the modding business by Strop? What a scandal this won't make!

What about not censoring the private messages?

Ultimately, Armor Games is 13+, so censoring the private messages for expletives will likely happen. Private or pubic, anything that can be seen by one person can be seen with another. There will be those that claim to be 13 that aren't. Questionable activity will reflect on the responsibility of the team; I believe they have enough troubles as it is
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

There will be those that claim to be 13 that aren't.

And vice-versa.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

That's a cool idea. Didn't the site use to have chat rooms, though? Anyway, that will also help reduce spam on people's profiles, assuming they're online.

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

THIS WAS MY EXACT FREAKING IDEA AND YOU LOCKED MY THREAD!
ALL YOU NOOBS THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT A LIVE CHAT BOX, I MEANT A FREAKIN MESSENGER!

damn censcore...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

THIS WAS MY EXACT FREAKING IDEA AND YOU LOCKED MY THREAD!
ALL YOU NOOBS THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT A LIVE CHAT BOX, I MEANT A FREAKIN MESSENGER!

That is a lot of unnessecary and ugly rage you got there, kid.
And does it really matter? If people meant you thought something else you were not being clear. If this is what you meant, there is a sticky for it, thus no reason to further discuss it in the other thread, thus lock. If you are talking about something entirely different, you need to take a run around the block, and make a new thread for it, while communicating clear.

Either way, less caps, lass rage, more actually adding something.
XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

thats not rage, thats indigination mate, and i'd prefer that somebody with only a few years on me (if i know correctly), wouldnt call me a "kid" without looking. and yes, the indigination is necessary for me thanks. I was being perfectly clear, when i said "hey, i mean a private messenger system like facebook has." and they continued to talk about a freakin live chat box. My thread came before this one as well. I communicated to the ebst of my English abilities, and did a very good job at it.

Either way, less superiority act, less quickness, more understanding.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

The idea has been around for ages Silent.. I don't see how it's your idea at all. This thread was made just to confirm there will be one, not to be like 'oh yeah we came up with this new idea ourselves'.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Mods could always, y'know, look at our PMs without telling us that they even have the ability to >_>

ebst of my English abilities

Heh.

mods should get laid...

Fix'd.

There will be those that claim to be 13 that aren't.

>_>
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

only a few years on me (if i know correctly), wouldnt call me a "kid" without looking

7 years. And I call both my siblings kids, and they are older than you. So no, I won't. Because I don't get to use it every often here, and if everyone is going to be butthurt when I try to joke or lighten the mood, then that is the reason why I am not fun.
Also, I would like you don't call me mate, we are not in a relationship.

@the rest of your post: 1. Then your thread would have been locked when this was made anyway. It doesn't matter, if something is said in a sticky, then everything else will be a "duplicate", even if something was made prior to the sticky.
2. I can see why they were confused and I don't even have facebook.
3.All caps is yelling, yelling is usually done in anger. No matter what you call it, it is still aggression, caps and basically rage. Even if it is because you fell you have been treated poorly. And I can't see you need to be pissed over this, you could always just turn it around and be happy that one of your suggestions will be in the AG3-spectrum. You did suggest it, it has made it to a sticky, thus eternal glory. Baaw'ing over that your thread was locked because you weren't clear enough for someone able to lock it to understand it, while the same suggestion is right there, lifted above the masses of suggestions... Don't do it, it's annoying and make you look bad.

I have nothing to add other than that, sorry. I still know this will be trouble in the long/short run> >
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Pot calling kettle black here. How about reflecting on actions instead of trying to make snappy comebacks?

kthnx. Play nice, kids.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The desire of a PM system has been with us long before Silent arrived.. Also, Silent should of been more specific when it came to that thread of his.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

thats not rage, thats indigination mate, and i'd prefer that somebody with only a few years on me (if i know correctly), wouldnt call me a "kid" without looking. and yes, the indigination is necessary for me thanks. I was being perfectly clear, when i said "hey, i mean a private messenger system like facebook has." and they continued to talk about a freakin live chat box. My thread came before this one as well. I communicated to the ebst of my English abilities, and did a very good job at it.

Slow down there, kid.

This idea has surfaced and resurfaced many times over the years and is not an original suggestion for AG. You may have thought of it without having first seen it elsewhere, but that doesn't make it an original idea. Instead of ranting and raving why not just be glad that the feature you would like to see is going to be available
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

*claps hands together* SO! Who would like to talk more about U2U PMs hmm? That would be great!

If the team is announcing a U2U PM system, what kind would it be? Messages given to a user that can't be seen by anyone else that would be contained in an inbox, like mail? If we want it to be like Facebook, would it be like someone else and me talking privately on a chat box in a corner that would stay up while I browse the website?

Or...

Could you basically open a PM system that looks EXACTLY like the regular comments on your profile in which only you can see? One can be regular comments, the other can be messages that others don't want eyes to see. It's very easy to grasp the goings on between users if there was a certain event that took place, you know.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@ Freakenstein: I like that idea of having two separate 'blocks' placed in your profile, one for the comments and one for the PM, makes for a good view on what's what!
But I haven't heard anything lately on what's to be done with the layout of the users' profiles... the thread about it hasn't been updated anymore if I'm correct... :/

@ Cenere: never thought I'd see the day that you would get drawn into a verbal (though up till now clean) fight with a user! When did that happen/change...

Showing 46-60 of 110