ForumsNews and FeedbackExisting AG Items Store

88 25882
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Eh, I haven't heard much from the items store. Are there any plans to expand it e.g. add more merchandise?

I've heard suggestions for more products to be added.. Toys, clothes, more stickers, yeah that kind of stuff.

• 88 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The funny thins is that we already have an AG tshirt design - which was done by Strop...a fair while ago.

Was that sometime back in 2008? Or was it last year?
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

i would totally buy a blue elephant mug! it would be awesome.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

You know, I've always wondered the same thing.
It says store, but all that's there are a few stickers and the ball from John's Ball series. Some shirts would be cool, maybe you could have the full versions of some of those games where you can buy the full version on the site.
Also, the section is a little lackluster in design. A little more &quotizzazz" would make it look more appealing.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Oh! some more ideas (mostly novelty stuff)
1.Foam finger (with game logo on it)
2.Hats? (maybe)
3.mugs (already said)
4.Flash Drive (with game design)
5.posters?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

4.Flash Drive (with game design)

*marketing meeting impression*

Innovation. Boom, thats what we need need Anderson! So come on, what else do we need? we got blue elephant plushies, yes very nice, Ag t-shirts, I would bu yon, but it would have be simple. White with the logo, or black with the logo. Coffe cups, yes, posters, ppossibly of like game charecters.

BBut how many people will purchase these items? It has to be worth the staff designing and paying for them to be made.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I love the foam finger idea, so did Larry. We also like the USB drive idea too. It all comes down to where we can find a business online to partner with, and what sorts of things Dan wants to sell on the site.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

don't forget the coffe cups with the blue elephant. i want that so bad
or make it special for me that be nice.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

BBut how many people will purchase these items? It has to be worth the staff designing and paying for them to be made.

Well, they'll probably be gauging for reactions first then.

don't forget the coffe cups with the blue elephant. i want that so bad
or make it special for me that be nice.

Mugs are good.

Great news, I'll finally be able to express my AG'ness.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'd definitely buy a mug. I'll even go out of my way to get a paypal account. Coffee mug, tea mug, beer mug, anything like that. I might even pose for you <3

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

I'd definitely buy a mug. I'll even go out of my way to get a paypal account. Coffee mug, tea mug, beer mug, anything like that. I might even pose for you <3

Well, a mug or so with the AG theme, or the "elephant" would be great. I would by it but would the shipping work of seas? Cost extra maybe? Europe, Australia etc.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Goodie! Here's my wish list:

*Dan bobble-head and all of the admins would be great.
*the Mod-Squad dart board, or something similar and of course it can be made for non-metal darts.
*Armor Games for the office-
mugs that users can customize but as least with the new AG logo.
desk blotter-calendar showing the top ten most popular games.
mouse pad with the new AG logo.

KFK's asking about shipping over seas but I don't think it would be a problem for current PayPal accounts?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

bobble-head LOL

Larry and I threw around the idea of submitting "customer photos" if you buy something from the store, and if we put it on the site, you get extra AP or something.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Larry and I threw around the idea of submitting "customer photos" if you buy something from the store, and if we put it on the site, you get extra AP or something.

If you do that you need to get moar kewl stuff! Then we can make goofy pics of us with the products to put on the site, perhaps similar to thinkgeek.com
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

thinkgeek.com

One of my favorite sites. I have so much of their stuff on my desk right now it's ridiculous... tall blue "geek." water cup, the clear caffeine mug, "dark matter" silly putty and the new "black hole" magnetic silly putty, the giant d20 stainless steel dice, the pack of tiny stainless steel dice ...

But yeah, that's kinda where I got the idea, and Dan likes the idea of posting customer shots for AP and/or achievements. You'd have to Email us the photo with your username and maybe an order number so we can verify your info and credit your AG account with the points, etc.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

One of my favorite sites. I have so much of their stuff on my desk right now it's ridiculous...

I'm with you there. I probably spend more money on thinkgeek than I do on my ISP each month, much to my wife's chagrin. Anyway, back OT. I agree that it would be great fun and also good advertising. I would just like to see a much expanded store. I realize that many of the users on AG aren't old enough to purchase things, but there are actually quite a few of us old folks around too! I think it would be well worth it if you could find a cost-effective partner to produce a wide array of items.
Showing 16-30 of 88