ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Suggestion: New Armatars

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 12:51am

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

I mean completely new ones.

I am getting sick of all the armatars already there.
Seriously, there aren't even 1AP and 5AP armatars right now.

So how about new armatars. Not just ones that fit with the medieval themes but ones for just about anything

If you would like to suggest something about armatars go for it.

Suggestion: Thumbnail for game can be a armatar.
Possible (own idea) : Unlocked for beating the game or doing something.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 1:16am

Holden012

Holden012

1,964 posts

Thumbnail for game can be a armatar.

I like this idea and the second one.

We need more Armatars!

It would be good if we could get game related ones.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 2:42am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

6,812 posts

They're probably thinking about that feature right now guys... everyone knows that if there's going to be a new ranking system, there's bound to be a revision made to the existing armatars.
But why loose the current ones?! I'm pretty happy with my current one! I'd be sad to have to give it up you know... :(

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 2:57am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Quiet honestly, most of the default armatars are somewhat weird. I heard Cormyn talking about custom uploadable armatars. I'm pretty fine with that, as long as I get to upload some old AG2 armatars, in the event the AG2 ones are done away with.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 3:04am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

as long as I get to upload some old AG2

ha ha! they could be in the "classics" armatar section!

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 12:21pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The 1AP and 5AP armatars are seasonal

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 12:25pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

7,930 posts

Come on Leo, even you should know this; you've been here long enough!

On the issue of new, official armatars, there were circumstances in which users like us submitted a set of armatars pertaining to a type and it was recorded officially. Zophia and her dinos come to mind :)

If we do have some awesome artists like her abound, we should get the freedom to have the set reviewed to see if it will be recorded officially, so that everyone else can use it. The unofficial armatars are made by regular users, but are only (supposed to be) temporary. If the created armatars are genuine enough, they should be permanently allowed, provided there is a set to go with it.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 12:35pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

I'll talk to Dan about new armatars. Joey thinks our last artist went on to do other things.

Following with the user-submitted armatar idea, it's something we've considered, where you'd be required to have a certain ranking/karma/etc before we allow you to submit armatars. Maybe we'll look at ways to reward you if other users (with a required level of rank/karma/whatever) choose your armatar for a minimum period of time.

I remember playing an MMO (Dark Age of Camelot, I think?) where if you made a cloak, and someone bound that cloak to their character, you got extra crafting points or something.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 1:41pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Hmm - sounds like a good idea. What about the ranking/karma idea with an element of voting? A gallery of potential user-submitted armatars goes up each month and the best 5-10 go up, maybe?

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 5:19pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,773 posts

I think the AG made armatars are fine. I think they should add new ones but I like these for now.
I don't like the idea of custom upload armatars because the AG armatars symbolize what rank you are. Sure I like the seasonal ones but not custom uploads, just no.