ForumsWEPRThe definition of 'Normal'

35 7910
CheesyFreak
CheesyFreak
45 posts
Nomad

What exactly is a 'Normal Person'. I mean, does it even exist? Tell me your opinions on the definition.

• 35 Replies
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Yes!! I have been saying this for years! Okay, ask yourself this question "Have you ever met anyone who is normal"?

There is no such thing as normal, and if there would be one, it would be created by society, and that would be a premise that is not concrete.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, to throw in some common usage, when I relate various things about me that are typically considered "not normal" (like, everybody totally has these, hehe), they say to me "wow, I would have never figured that. You behave pretty normally to me!"

Normal here means "the ability to present a persona that is compatible with daily expectations of behavior." Because if that were violated...people would get, like, freaked out! :O

Personally, I meet a lot of people whom I consider "normal", by which I mean "uncritically conforms to normative perceptions." But this is quite a different definition to the one I just cited before that!

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

LIke i said b4 everyone is normal in there own way and the reason we think no one else is normal is cause if they dont act like us they are not normal so thats why we think there are no normal people around us when there are tons and tons of them every where. Like i think i am layed back and chill my friends think i and funny and goofy so i think i am normal they think im not so it is a ==never ending o (circle)

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Actually everyoen is unique.
Nobody is normal.
NOBODY

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Everyone*