Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Profile Mini apps/ calendar

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 6:38pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,306 posts

1.Maybe if there is some money system on AG3, there could be mini apps you could add to your profile.
----------------------------------------------------------
2.On AG3, maybe there could be a calendar of holidays, and you could check which holidays you wanted to appear on your profile when they occured. On the menu, there could be little subsections like religious, seasonal, birthday, etc.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 7:48pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

We've already discussed a currency system, and that we're not likely to introduce one.

The calendar idea is interesting, I'll talk to Larry about it.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 8:26pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

ahh don't like the currency idea at all! but a caleder i dea would make the site more homey, and just plann cool to be on!!!!!!! hope ya guys can figure some thing out!!!

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:05am

colonyguy

colonyguy

20 posts

maybe they could be free apps. I like the calender idea too

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 8:36am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

I like the calendar idea, but I feel it would be awesome if it could also be more site related. The calendar could be updated with upcoming site events as well as tell us what days a new game may have come out or when the AG blog has been updated with appropriate links.

I also like the idea of being able to see members join dates/birthdays, holidays, and so on; but without the calendar also giving us information on site updates, blog updates, or game updates, it would feel too much like a forced accessory.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 9:01am

samy

samy

5,043 posts

I like the calendar idea but to integrate it more would it be possible to add events into the news feed so that they would stay on top? Basically a permanent event bar on the news feed.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 9:27am

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

869 posts

There could be AG competitions so you could win AP or something like that in the calender

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:19am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

Calendar eh? I like the thought of it being totally manipulative, but have important AG3 news, updates, game news, and blogs automatically added to the dates. It's iffy though. Can users configure what sorts of automatic dates to be added through the control panel?

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:22pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

If users choose to, we could allow their birthdays to show up on friends' calendars. We're not going to let people add custom dates to the calendar.

We might, for example, post days when the AG staff are out of the office (holidays, etc), upcoming events like NoNameC68 has said, contest start/end dates, things of that.

Posted Oct 26, '10 at 8:34pm

colonyguy

colonyguy

20 posts

Sounds good so far. I like the AG upcoming events so i can see whats going on.

Reply to Profile Mini apps/ calendar

You must be logged in to post a reply!