ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Progress as of October 28, 2010

62 20539
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to write a quick update on the happenings around here lately. I'm sure you've noticed my flurry of activity in the forums has dwindled a bit. That's indicative of how hard we're working to get AG3 out the door. And me playing admin-bully and having to ban some users who weren't behaving. Grr. Folks, we have chosen our mods for a reason: we trust them. Please listen to them and follow their guidance.

Our beta sign up page design contest was a huge success, and we picked a winning design. Right now we're anticipating that the sign-up page will go live on November 8th, and you can sign up to join the beta. We'll contact people in the order they signed up, in batches, to assist with the beta. No word on when that public beta will begin yet.

Right now, that sign-up page works, the Email notices work, and the page you land on when you finally get to enter the beta works. Larry and James have done some spectacular work on the front end while I slave away on the back end of things (database, systems, etc). We've had all user and game data migrating for several weeks now, so that's all ready to go. I *just* finished the game play page today, and James will be working hard to get that ready for your viewing pleasure over the next week or so.

We've been re-evaluating the whole armor points / reputation systems this week, and trying to decide what sorts of content will count towards reputation. It *may* change drastically, and I will clarify this more throughout the month of November. Please, no speculation just yet, we've had to go back to the drawing board on some of it based on Dan's feedback.

Let's see, what else...

We're looking at several new game ratings features which we'll talk about in November as well, things like rating a game based on art work, music, game play, etc.

Larry's still hard at work on the whole 'activity feed' system and how that works to display news bits all around the site and let you comment on things that happen. He's having a blast with it, and I'm sure everyone will be excited to see it in action.

In our "alpha" testing just here in the office alone, we may be running into some conflicting cookies between our regular site, our current administration site (which we use to administer some areas of the existing site, games, users, high scores, etc) and the new beta site. We're hoping to work out the kinks before the public beta starts so nobody has trouble getting into the beta without wiping their cookies.

Any questions?

• 62 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

i just cant wait! release the v3 beta now!!!!

duuuuuuuuude, be patient it's just about 2 weeks from now.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

what exactly will you have to do if your in the open beta?? like, what do you do in the beta. (give me an exact answer)

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

what exactly will you have to do if your in the open beta?? like, what do you do in the beta. (give me an exact answer)

You will examine AG3, look for any glitches or bugs, make suggestions for improvement and all that stuff
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Looking forward to seeing this in action. I will try to get into the beta but we shall see

I like to give constructive crit.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I would say proxies,

My school system didn't have enough money to hold on to a few teachers, but they did have enough money to buy software that automatically detects the use of a proxy. Damn stupid decision.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

You will examine AG3, look for any glitches or bugs, make suggestions for improvement and all that stuff

Dude, what the hell? You just copied my post on the AG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010 thread.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

He probably read your post and decided it was right, then later came back and not thinking about your post, wrote his own opinion on the subject which was subconsciously affected by your post.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

or, he saw that your answer was right, wanted to give me an answer (that was right) and copied it here because it was right. see, you're right!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Looks like I'll be in a good posisition to sign up because it will be 17:00hrs when it opens and it's my day off! *makes victory dance around computer table*
Eeeeeeeexcellent! =D

@ cormyn : When you check into this thread again, I have a question a friend of mine (checker702) asked me, so I'm relaying it to you now!
He was wondering whether points would be given/gained while testing the open beta? I couldn't answer it for him... :/

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I don't think points would be awarded for beta since you would maybe have a separate account there. Or your points that you earn there won't be transfered to your AG2 account. I don't know. Cormyn, could you answer this question?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Let me quote Cormyn:

It's also VERY important to let everyone know that the beta site has elements from your user profile which are synchronized from the current AG2 site. As such, changing some of your profile information on AG3 will get overwritten from AG2 periodically. In fact, there may be times where we wipe all info on AG3 and start over. That's sorta the point of beta.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

That sounds clear as a whistle Asherlee, but then I have a further question...

Q : "What if we change anything on our about... and that gets whiped (for whatever obvious reason), will the about of our AG2 profile still stay intact?"

I think it will stay intact, but I just want to be sure... :P

1,855 posts
Nomad

Any questions?

Yeah, where do I sign up!?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Yeah, where do I sign up!?

Check the beta.armorgames.com page 2014631 on November 8th between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Californian time!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I have a question a friend of mine (checker702) asked me, so I'm relaying it to you now!
He was wondering whether points would be given/gained while testing the open beta? I couldn't answer it for him... :/

Please don't hijack a thread, start a new one. When you do, I'll answer.
Showing 46-60 of 62