ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest 2! Theme: Sleeping

137 45876
C_is_for_Cookie
C_is_for_Cookie
713 posts
Nomad

[quote=Zophia in the First Animation Contest]Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!
Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program (Pivot is allowed). It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen![/quote]

First Theme will be: Balloon Darts

Just show someone/thing popping a balloon with a dart in any possible way.

I'll judge (unless someone else would like to), and no offense but I don't want a noob judging.

Deadline: November 12th

Good luck kiddos!

• 137 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Haven't used Pivot in a while now, but here's what I managed to put together.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7205/bowling.gif

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I don't have an entery, but the last three are very nice.
KingLemon nice job getting the Armorgames logo on the bowling alley banner thing. And nice animation too!

Fukwon the ball animation is looking sweet! as well as the whole thing.

iMogwai it's nice to see you post another animation, it's been awhile. Always look forward to your animations.

TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

Is anyone using flash the only thing i see is pivot :/

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Jdogg is and I was going to enter using something else entirely. but then I realised, heck, animating takes a long time >_> I started.

TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

i use flash and i think its better than pivot more stuff you can do in pivot you have like 7 dots that u can move its just not my thing

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

I used flash. I don't know how to use pivot very well.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I use stykz myself but Im not sure Ill be able to get it done in time for the contest.

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

Reton8 thabks fir the nice feedback...

...king lemon jus wonderin... Why are your backgrounds all saturated?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

...king lemon jus wonderin... Why are your backgrounds all saturated?

GIF images only support 256 colors. The background was probably a photo, with around millions of possible colors, that was converted to a GIF. The photo was most likely a JPEG, Bitmap, PNG, or some other type of file that supports far more colors than a GIF. When the image, with more than 256 colors,is saved as a GIF some color information is lost and it looks a bit strange.

I thought the backgorund looked fine for a GIF and it conveys the message (that the stick figure is at a bowling alley, quiet well).
fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

Oh ok that makes sensee..

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

I am so sorry for this very late judging, the holidays are crazy.

Ok so here we go:

First Place - iMogwai
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7205/bowling.gif

3 Step approach? really?! haha very nice and that bowling ball was amazing, the detail! Once again a very smooth animation with a humorous twist endings!

Second Place - Fukwon
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2641/yeh.gif

Impressive background! Very classic example of a Sport Animation! good work!

Third Place - TheLastGamer
SEE HERE

This made me laugh the first time I saw it! Very nice, i had to think about this on. Youwerethisclosetocominginsecond. I would have to say that maybe next time try to create a more consistent person, overall an awesome entry!

Not Placed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SEE HERE

Not too bad of an entry, very funny! Would like to see maybe more movement of the stickfigure, that will show off more skill and possibly get you placed.

KingLemon
http://i56.tinypic.com/jg2vqt.gif

Way to be lazy! Haha...actually not that bad of an "entry" :3

New Theme: Winter/Holiday
-Anything winter related is acceptable
-Christmas is not the ONLY holiday this time of year!
-Try to be original! (If someone already did an x-mas theme try something else, though this will not affect whether you get placed or not)

Deadline: Saturday, January 8

I'm giving 12 Days this time just because some people might be away on vacation or just busy during the holiday. Hope to see some good entries!

Good Luck and keep it smooth!

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

So im guessing no ones gonna win this one...?

PoetryHere
PoetryHere
73 posts
Nomad

Wow.. no entries what so ever? New theme, then? xD

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

First off, thank you for bumping, I've been busy and was planning on creating a themed Animation for the bump...

umm it's up to you all, would you all like a new theme or an extension on the deadline by 1 week...

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9264/christmasp.gif

There. It's a Christmas animation. Now you can move on to the next theme.

Showing 76-90 of 137