ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010

344 48863
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On November 8th, 2010, the following will happen:

1. Our closed beta process will begin in the morning
Our closed beta users have already been chosen. Chances are excellent that if you haven't already heard from us by now on an official basis, you won't be in the closed beta. The closed beta group will help with some core testing, which may be as boring as following a list of instructions or a list of things to test for functionality. Their testing will last as long as it takes to get some basic portions of the site working 100% perfectly. Only then will we start the open beta.

2. Our open beta sign-up page will go live sometime between 10am and 6pm
The public beta sign-up page will be at http://beta.armorgames.com/. On that page, you'll only need to enter your Email address. I highly recommend you use the same Email address as your AG2 account, so we can synchronize your account settings easier, and it won't make sense to register multiple Email accounts because beta testers who do not reply to their invite codes will get dropped from the beta. We will not manually add anyone to the list. If you want in, you have to add yourself. I expect it will be some time in the morning, United States Pacific (California) time, but we might need longer to get everything synchronized.

3. We will send out messages on Twitter letting people know that AG3 Beta is starting
I highly recommend you follow these Twitter accounts for updates:
- @armorgames - this is the official Armor Games twitter feed where we announce new games being released, but we'll also announce on here when the beta sign-up page is live. I don't know how much else we'll say on this Twitter account about the beta.
- @cormyn - this is my personal Twitter account (well, one of them), where I will be posting information about the beta process once we get started. I expect to be pretty verbose about what we're working on, things that are working, etc.

We'll probably tell our closed beta users not to say too much publicly about AG3 until someone from AG says it first.

We don't expect the closed beta to go on very long before we start inviting people who signed up after the 8th.

• 344 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Strange. It's the ninth of November.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Time zones ftw. Why can't we all be on one time?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Efan, Please check the twitter updates as well as the other posts. They mostly show that the sign ups will be in about an hour or less. Might as well play one of the games and just wait.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Wow I typed ftw but meant ftl.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

http://twitter.com/cormyn

Efan, Please check the twitter updates as well as the other posts.

What brought this on?
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

no its not

depending on what country you live in

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Okay, here's an update from Larry while discussing our AG2 members and how secretive to keep closed beta stuff:

"I don't care if details are made public. If they want to post screenshots to show other users what will be available, I'm cool with that. We're just keeping the closed beta limited to a VERY small number of users just so the server load doesn't cause problems."

That being said, Freakenstein and MrDayCee are the two AG2 users that were invited to the closed beta. I personally hand-picked them because they've stuck out (in my mind) as being very helpful individuals here in the forums.

I will not be inviting anyone else into closed beta. Please don't bug me about it. Closed beta will be a small, short event.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Freakenstein and MrDayCee are the two AG2 users that were invited to the closed beta.

At least you made a good choice.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Please don't bug me about it.

Ah, stupid caveats.

To be honest they were the most two active users when it came to AG3 so they definitely deserve it, congratulations guys.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well I guess the cat's out of the bag now! Thanks for the support Sam

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

So when can we sign-up for the open beta?

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

If AG4 comes along, i'll be the most active!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

You must remember that this is based on Pacific Time, where it is still no where near nightfall.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm just waiting on James and Larry to finish some graphics stuff so I can update the server code.

/em taps foot, hums Jeopardy theme song

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Correct, Kyouzou, it's only 2:45pm here.

Showing 121-135 of 344