ForumsThe TavernCoolest Word!

269 47366
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

What is the coolest word for you mine is Missisipi. Is that how you spell it. Any ways what is your favourite or coolest word just say it.

• 269 Replies
kmans20
kmans20
20 posts
Nomad

If the word isn't from the english language, it has to be pomplemousse, it is french for grapefruit

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

eh, I'm rather fond of 'sesquipedalian'. It's so cool that spell check won't even recognize it as a word. It means 'having many syllables' or 'someone fond of using overly large words', and it's ironic because it is a sesquipedalian word itself, and if you use it then you are one as well.

My second favorite would have to be ungulate, which means 'hoofed mammal'. I don't know why I like it, but it just strikes my fancy.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Whether titin is a word is debatable.

When it comes to length I keep antidisestablishmentarianism in my mind. Not as cool as the pneumono.. erm.. lung disease caused by volcanic dust, but it's non-technical.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Flibbertigibbets! I think I confused 2 people in one page just by saying that while rambling. It's quite effective, especially if you make it sound like you're talking to yourself or insulting a guy in a satirical fashion.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I've actually always disliked antidisestablishmentarianism as a word. While it isn't exactly a double negative because the anti- and the dis- are not both directed at the same concept, it just never sounded right to me.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

My favorite word is 'antidisestablishmentarianism', there are so many negatives that most people have trouble figuring it out.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

there are so many negatives that most people have trouble figuring it out.

That's because most people don't know what Establishmentarianism is, or they simply don't care, as it is applied primarily to either politics or religion.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I see where you're coming from but I don't mind the term.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'm thinking my real bias is because I'm a disestablishmentarianist (most of the time) :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't mind that either. I can sense you aren't a psychotic nut-job.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I can sense you aren't a psychotic nut-job.

Really? Then I suppose I'm a more accomplished thespian than I thought! :P
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Really? Then I suppose I'm a more accomplished thespian than I thought! :P

I haven't seen you go on any unreasonably idiotic rampages yet.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I haven't seen you go on any unreasonably idiotic rampages yet.

This is true, although 'idiotic rampages' are not necessarily the hallmarks of psychosis
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Indeed. I still hate idiotic rampages though.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Idiot, fool, helpless, Shweinhund (not sure of the spelling), pathetic and child are all great mean words if used right.
My favorite word is troglodyte.

Showing 16-30 of 269