ForumsThe TavernCoolest Word!

269 47365
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

What is the coolest word for you mine is Missisipi. Is that how you spell it. Any ways what is your favourite or coolest word just say it.

• 269 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Here's another word I like.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

it means the fear of long words. Muahahaha!

suckeggs
suckeggs
35 posts
Nomad

douglas... its just such a funny word, also pinapply... yes pinapply

gtfawjkjg
gtfawjkjg
1,126 posts
Nomad

Evil-Doom-Face

Its three words yet its only one. Thats the doom part of it.

Muahahahaha...

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

Pseudomultiquattuorquinquagintaquadringentillionaires. It was originally employed by a columnist for a big newspaper and is defined as "a group of businessmen that acted richer than they were to get people to invest in their businesses". Unfortunately, I cannot find many traces of the word on the internet so either I'm spelling it wrong (because I can spell it off the top of my head :/) or it's been removed from the English language.

Next would either be quhaip or quagga. Quhaip is a word originating in Scottish folklore as a spirit that would steal people whilst they were sleeping and quagga was a species of South African zebra that went extinct in the late 1800s(?).

For z it would be either zyzzyva or zuz. The zyzzyva is a South American beetle whereas, deviating from the animal kingdom theme I've got going here, the zuz is an ancient silver Palestinian coin.

Elitemagical, bringing pointlessly obscure words to a town near you. ^_^b

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a misspelling, at the quipp part there should only be a single p as far as I know.

'someone fond of using overly large words'

Never seen it used like that before, thanks for the information.

Whether titin is a word is debatable.

It has letters . . .
roxasthenobody
roxasthenobody
355 posts
Nomad

typewriter.
you only have to use the top row of your keyboard to type it.

I almost put keyblade instead of keyboard
lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

Singularity - A point in space-time at which space and time become infinitely distorted.

Now, isn't that amazing!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Lackadaisical, problematic, cellar door, onomatopoeia, kerfuffle, and gregarious.

All very fun to say!

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Bumblebee....now how fun of a word is that?

(you can even say it when you're tipsy, though you may do a bit of say and spray when you do.)

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

All very fun to say!

Indeed!
Well I still don't know what words are fun to say, but that's just me.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Do you know what two words are fun to say? Endoplasmic reticulum. It's a part of a cell, but it's fun to say.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Do you know what two words are fun to say? Endoplasmic reticulum. It's a part of a cell, but it's fun to say.

Indubitably.
gigmyster
gigmyster
53 posts
Nomad

my favorite word hands down is flabbergasted.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Indubitably.

Oh I see what you did there!

Another cool word would be mucus. Well, that's what my 5th grade science teacher told me.
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

I just thought of a pretty cool word
"I"
It's a noun, letter, an imaginary number, a roman numeral, a periodic symbol, and in some fonts a capital I looks like a lowercase L.

And yes it IS a word.

There is one word that many people like when they are angry that can be used in many different forms which actually makes it a pretty cool word.
"It is a verb, adverb, adjective, command, interjection, noun, and can logically be used as virtually any word...Moreover, it is one of the few words in the English language which could be applied as an infix"
(wikipedia it, warning contains potentially offensive language as you may have guessed)

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

@KingLemon

Yeah, that's a pretty useful word (both of them)...

I don't really know any favorite word in the English language, but I have this word in Swedish: Nordöstersjökustartilleriflygspaningssimulatoranläggningsmaterielunderhållsuppföljningssystemdiskussionsinläggsförberedelsearbeten - it means something like ... "Northern Baltic Sea Coast Artillery Reconnaissance Flight Simulator Construction Equipment Maintenance Monitoring systems Talk Posts Preparation Works".

Showing 31-45 of 269