ForumsGamesIs Halo Dead?

17 5854
rc1997
rc1997
37 posts
Peasant

Is the first halo... the granddaddy of all games dead? voice your opinion and tell the world what you think!

• 17 Replies
Kellinger
Kellinger
158 posts
Nomad

I would be surprised if someone said yes. Someone earlier had a topic up asking for their personol rating of the halo series and alot of the people said it was between 7-9.

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

i think halo was dead until reach came out, now it has been reborn

MasterAwsuko
MasterAwsuko
74 posts
Nomad

Welp, in the credits of Reach Bungie says they had a heck of a time doing the series so I suppose so. It doesn't mean spin-offs aren't out of the picture but a serious, story-advancing game doesn't seem to be happening.

Mauer00
Mauer00
12 posts
Nomad

I think that Halo is a classic and there will always be people that will pull it out and play it. However, I think Halo is kind of losing steam. It isn't the ultimate game that caused many people to buy an Xbox like it was when Halo 3 was getting ready to come out.

Knuckledusty
Knuckledusty
206 posts
Nomad

I had to take the game up once more after I beat the storyline of Halo Reach. *No Spoilers* but when I heard mention of Keyes in Reach for the first time,
I had to see that guy generous guy one more time who gives you your first pistol... that doesn't have any ammo in it. (Gee thanks man.)

Darksoul7th
Darksoul7th
11 posts
Nomad

I kinda agree with that Halo is Dead after new games came out to compete with it

themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

halo was the dirst ego-shooter ive ever played and still play it i downloaded it with xbox live and its still fun. i played halo 1-3 and than stopped to even look at the games that were realeased after halo 3 the story of halo 1-3 was sufficent and good all the parts coming after halo 3 were just developed for profit to get as many money out of the halo universe as possible -like they did with every good game

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I still love Halo 1.

One of the Bowling Ally's near me has it in arcade form, which was odd to play but it did have the flamethrower.

I actually was a lot better at Halo 1 than 2 (Never played 3 "Competitively&quot

Halo Reach is a good enough replacement for me, though. The maps are just HORRID

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

halo was what got me into game but now id rather play more actiony games such as cod in halo the health annoys me

Raz179
Raz179
19 posts
Nomad

No, Halo 3 Had a really long lifespan.

BackFlip
BackFlip
138 posts
Nomad

halo always was dead in my mind.

doomguy5234
doomguy5234
1 posts
Nomad

First of all dude halo is not the granddaddy of shooting games that's DOOM and no need to worry HALO will probably go on

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Wouldn't the grand daddy of shooting games actually be Wolfenstein?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

If it isnt dead, it soon will be. Bungie has moved on to Destiny (which sounds great by the way), and they seem to be gearing it up to be something that would blow halo out of the water.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I leave for a few months and these are the bottom feeders I have to deal with?

Is the first halo... the granddaddy of all games dead?

Halo: Combat Evolved is not by any means the "granddaddy" of anything, save Xbox itself. I'd put my money on Halo being the driving force behind making the original Xbox a household name, eventually bringing the world Viva Pinata.

The series as a whole is of course, not dead, but the first game? Yeah, I'd say that there aren't many people who play it. Been that way ever since 2004-ish, OP.

i think halo was dead until reach came out, now it has been reborn

There was literally one year separating the release of ODST and Reach, and a shade moreso between Wars and Reach. Halo as a series has never been "dead".

id rather play more actiony games such as cod in halo the health annoys me

>Playing Call of Duty
>2013
also,
>implying the health system in Halo is too different from Call of Duty's

Wouldn't the grand daddy of shooting games actually be Wolfenstein?

Wolfenstein 3D, eeyup. Couldn't even look up or down. So much fun.

-Chillz
Showing 1-15 of 17