ForumsGame Walkthroughs[necro] Warlords: Call to Arms Strategy for impatient people

45 79468
Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

If you're one of those people who just want to beat the game so you can fight with the demons, keep reading.

Naturally, the best race to choose for quick gaming is the undead. They have a massive halberd bonus with only their archery to lose, which for this strategy is unimportant.

At the beginning of the game, buy the halberd units. On the map, avoid the Orcs of the South and the Men of the West for a bit; they're hard because of their axe throwers and javelins. Of course, if you enter a battle with the OotS or the MotW and they DON'T have axe throwers or javelins, then by all means, fight them; they won't be as hard.

In normal battle, just hold down the space bar with the halberd units selected, which sends a line of halberdiers down the same lane. Naturally, the CPU will follow up by sending units down the same path. Your halberdiers will crush them. Don't worry about other units in other lanes; the gains will catch up with the losses. Keep an eye out for charges. When you can charge, charge with the halberdiers.

Once you have 1300 coin, buy the Flailer units. You can now essentially defeat the annoying OotS. What you do is wait for a flailer to become available, then send it out. Along the same line as the flailer, send maybe 5-7 spearmen, then repeat, always on the same line. Of course, the enemy will send axe throwers; however, the spearmen act as buffers for the failer, so the axemen are killing the spearmen, and the 2-hit-kill flailer remains safe. When you can charge, charge flailers. This is a slow but sure strategy. Just because the Orcs start winning doesn't mean the battle is over.

As you win (or lose) battles, use the money to buy Halberd upgrades. These MUST be the dominance of your purchases. I would only suggest buying one speed upgrade and one armour upgrade, then have the rest go into halberds.

Near the end of the game, you should only have the demons and the MotW left. Fight the Demons first. Using the first strategy really makes it easy.

Okay, now the only colours on the map screen should be White and Yellow. With all of the halberd upgrades, the battle should be easier; again, the first strategy should work to defeat these guys, but if at first you don't succeed, try again. Remember, for every battle you lose, you get free money. I highly advise against using the second strategy with the MotW. Their horsemen will plow right over you.

And that's the end. This should be effective in winning the game. Feel free to improve upon the strategy.

Oh, and I DO NOT know the cheat codes. Please don't ask.

• 45 Replies
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

great

You can add more to the reasons

nice Strategy!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

if you cheat and beat the game, it wont save/load ie, you must click continue game. clicking load/new game will make you have to start over...

there are cheatcodes, ive forgotten them though and so i beat the game normally...

another strategy for the demons is just to drown out there men with another unit. Doesnt matter what race, though perefarbly not the elves because ther best unit is the bow, so it makes it harder to train a melee unit.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I am having a difficult time killing the undead's flailer as the motW. Does anyone know their weakness?

just go around them like the giants; you dont have to kill them and they still only count as one or you could use bows/ranged it you have a good ranged bonus (javelin throwers, axe throwers, bowmen)
alphahawk
alphahawk
33 posts
Nomad

help me

Kataklysmik
Kataklysmik
7 posts
Nomad

This guide made the game so easy. Thanks!

Kataklysmik
Kataklysmik
7 posts
Nomad

I take that back. The night elf mages combined with whirlers are pretty hard

FishyDragon
FishyDragon
145 posts
Nomad

Great guide. But I disagree with your statement about the Undead being the best class. The Demons are the best class. I beat the game on Kongreagte, and unlocked them. They have "+2 Speed" and "+2 Spear". No weaknesses at all!

Ryry5050
Ryry5050
1 posts
Nomad

could someone give me deh cheats

ThisGameIsHard
ThisGameIsHard
9 posts
Nomad

When playing this as undead, I go straight for the highest percentage trolls, and then, I launch a few halberdiers on the middle, and as soon as they send a giant troll, shift to all other lanes with spearmen, and the great adversary trolls, are no longer a problem. Right after that, advance to the Night Elves, and the game is pretty easy. The Whirlers make it quite impossible later on. Unless you decide to wave around them and use the same strategy as used on the giant trolls, because as I see it, Whirlers, are practically just as rigged. And no, Flailers are not "Imbalanced", because they are taken down by either whirlers, or powerful ranged units. They can also be avoided, or cut down with a few axemen, or a group of halberdiers. I really wish a second Warlords comes out, not Warlords: Heroes because they have a very differentiating gameplay. Oh, and, sue me for reviving an old thread.

Dm1
Dm1
1 posts
Nomad

Nice. This helped me a lot. I like to beat the game with archers sometime, though.

cingcon
cingcon
152 posts
Nomad

good job. really fun game

jsennesael
jsennesael
1 posts
Nomad

In the options menu (when you are in a match) there is an option to auto-send VERY USEFUL

arcanezinferno
arcanezinferno
1 posts
Nomad

Thanks it helped me alot

Fweaky
Fweaky
81 posts
Nomad

i like the walkthrough helped out quite a bit, good job on it

GundamBreaker
GundamBreaker
2 posts
Nomad

Beat Demons as fast as you can. If their difficulty increases it will become unbeatable. basic 5 types could do the trick.
Spearman for killing archers and rush for score.
Swordsman for killing spearmen and safe lane push.
Archers for shoot down halberders and mages. But hard to be massiving.
Halberder is the MOST crucial unit. Can deal with all mounted and spearmaster(with 3,4),both swordsman and spearmen too.Easy to be massived thanks to its faster production, But its pushing is pretty slow.
Axeman could deal with spearmen, mages and provide faster pushing.

Showing 31-45 of 45