ForumsGame Walkthroughs[necro] Warlords: Call to Arms Strategy for impatient people

45 79464
Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

If you're one of those people who just want to beat the game so you can fight with the demons, keep reading.

Naturally, the best race to choose for quick gaming is the undead. They have a massive halberd bonus with only their archery to lose, which for this strategy is unimportant.

At the beginning of the game, buy the halberd units. On the map, avoid the Orcs of the South and the Men of the West for a bit; they're hard because of their axe throwers and javelins. Of course, if you enter a battle with the OotS or the MotW and they DON'T have axe throwers or javelins, then by all means, fight them; they won't be as hard.

In normal battle, just hold down the space bar with the halberd units selected, which sends a line of halberdiers down the same lane. Naturally, the CPU will follow up by sending units down the same path. Your halberdiers will crush them. Don't worry about other units in other lanes; the gains will catch up with the losses. Keep an eye out for charges. When you can charge, charge with the halberdiers.

Once you have 1300 coin, buy the Flailer units. You can now essentially defeat the annoying OotS. What you do is wait for a flailer to become available, then send it out. Along the same line as the flailer, send maybe 5-7 spearmen, then repeat, always on the same line. Of course, the enemy will send axe throwers; however, the spearmen act as buffers for the failer, so the axemen are killing the spearmen, and the 2-hit-kill flailer remains safe. When you can charge, charge flailers. This is a slow but sure strategy. Just because the Orcs start winning doesn't mean the battle is over.

As you win (or lose) battles, use the money to buy Halberd upgrades. These MUST be the dominance of your purchases. I would only suggest buying one speed upgrade and one armour upgrade, then have the rest go into halberds.

Near the end of the game, you should only have the demons and the MotW left. Fight the Demons first. Using the first strategy really makes it easy.

Okay, now the only colours on the map screen should be White and Yellow. With all of the halberd upgrades, the battle should be easier; again, the first strategy should work to defeat these guys, but if at first you don't succeed, try again. Remember, for every battle you lose, you get free money. I highly advise against using the second strategy with the MotW. Their horsemen will plow right over you.

And that's the end. This should be effective in winning the game. Feel free to improve upon the strategy.

Oh, and I DO NOT know the cheat codes. Please don't ask.

• 45 Replies
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Thank you for this post. I am a very impatient person when it comes to games.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

weakness sucks and this game sucks too.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I used the human alliance and just beat the game for the first time.

dragofett229
dragofett229
4 posts
Nomad

AWESOMENESS THX wow!!!!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Your walkthrough was simple but immesely useful.

Strikedown
Strikedown
10 posts
Nomad

I find it hilarious when the skeletons start bleeding after they die- where did the blood come from? :O

IcyGryphon
IcyGryphon
160 posts
Nomad

Thanks a lot. I couldn't beat the game without your help!

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

lol Guys Men of The West are best for slow-but-sure players - My walkthrough would be to take the lowest percentage first - Fight ALL enemies (Exept Trolls) head on, you will win, make sure that u only use swordsmen, and you count 1 swordsmen for one of their enemies (Unless it's their special, use 3 for them), and you will either overpower, stay even and then use a charge, or, well there isn't a third, after two? No, no after two...

Keep doing this, do not attack the demons before all others are decimated, and wiped.... This is a plain strategy, but with a while it'll work nearly always

And btw, thanks for reading if you did...

If you're demon just use spearmen (and Master Spears) depending on the enemies, just get armor and spear upgrades, do not fight trolls head on though

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

thanks for the walkthrough, finally the game is done!
Is there going to be warlords 2?

webb987
webb987
46 posts
Nomad

cool good walkthrough man thats helps a lot i thkn i sounds good im gonna try it dude thanks again

AGlol
AGlol
11 posts
Nomad

Lol! When I did the first strategy, all of my enemies went in all the lanes except for the one I was using.. Weird, or what??

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Warlords 2 is the warlord heroes one.

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

yea i thought that this would be a bad walkthrough because i beat the game like when it first came out. i used this exact same stratagey but i didnt go all the upgrade points to the hallbreders. i upgraded speed a bunch to. good guide!

Allen474
Allen474
17 posts
Nomad

ya i beat it with night elves just used whirlers but ure strategies sound pretty sound

Wasabikill
Wasabikill
1 posts
Nomad

great

Showing 16-30 of 45