ForumsNews and Feedback(Oprah voice) "Everyone's getting an inviiiiiite..."

66 12983
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Everyone who has registered for the open beta, up to and including Monday morning at 9am Pacific Standard Time will receive an Email sometime later that day with their invitation code to check out the AG3 Beta. Anyone registering AFTER 9am PST will have to wait for the following code release.

• 66 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah when several hundred people start submitting bug reports, it'll sure test Get Satisfaction's ability to find similar bug reports. I imagine several days of just marking bugs as duplicates of one another. Hopefully Larry's admin account on GS can merge those all together into one thread or something.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be "exciting" just to go through the list of bug reports and find all the duplicates.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

if we signed up for closed beta (last time we signed up) are we all ready in for open?

Yes.

And we're aware that some beta signups aren't receiving the welcome Email. It's pretty simple text that says we received your beta request. Here's the body of the message:

Over the coming months we will be inviting users to participate in our AGv3 Beta program. We will be sending each user a unique participation code.

Users will use the participation code along with their email address to enter the Armor Games v3 Beta site.

Detailed instructions will be provided in your official invitation email so stay tuned.

Have questions or comments? Hit us up via our support page on Get Satisfaction:
http://getsatisfaction.com/armorgames

ooking for news and announcements? We have all sorts of ways that you can keep yourself in the loop:
(link to facebook)
(link to twitter)
(link to our news rss feed)
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Hmmm, I still haven't received that welcome email.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

poor poor matrix159... it is ok to cry i won't laught!
just listen to the oprah voice! lol XD
did ya check your spam? or any other spot? the trash? the spam box should trash some if they are there to long. or maybe if you have gmail you can have several imboxes, did you check all of them?

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

I have yahoo.... as you can see by my profile, and yes I have been checking it like hmmm let's see "every day".

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Hopefully Larry's admin account on GS can merge those all together into one thread or something.

Larry's the one that created the GS page for Armor Games right? If so, I bet he is able to merge them. If not then...who is the guy that is merging the cookie/cache topics into mine?

When and if the time comes that hundreds of reports come in, the regular GS page can't do the thing that the button on Beta can. I figured out that if you make a topic from the button, it gives you a small list of already-created topics from a section (ideas, bugs, praise, etc.) and has you decide if your topic has already been made. The regular way that most of us are familiar with CANNOT do this.

So a temporary solution to that is...since update topics can only be made by employees and thus the least amount made, they will show up longer and are presented to every member. So you can technically make a "sticky" of sorts telling members to check over the topics to make sure if yours has already been made, in the form of an update topic. That should bring down the [dup] topics a couple notches.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We pay for a Get Satisfaction account, and Larry *can* merge topics (and has been).

Uh,a nd Freak, why do you have a female armatar? Or are you just growing out your hair?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It's a glitch! *cries* I can't change back to my original gender! This is very weird. Although I feel prettier... Don't pay any mind to me, I'm pretty fine. Pretty....

I think it's kinda jippy that you have to pay for a Get Satisfaction page, but that's just me. As long as you get direct feed back, it's all good!

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

yay! That is me! I am looking forward to it

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

As long as I get the code I'm glad. =)

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I think it's lost in the cyber-world..... Yeah...... That must be it. XD

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The welcome mail and the invite codes are sent from two separate systems.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

And as I mentioned in a previous post, the welcome messages getting lost is a known bug we're trying to fix, which is why I posted the text of the message for everyone to read.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I signed up like the first day and still haven't gotten an invite D:

Showing 46-60 of 66