ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36845
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Once you gain access to the BETA is when you actually log in to v3.0

Automatically? That isn't happening.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

New AGv3 Beta Release: Claymore

i got an email with that title but WHERE IS THE CODE!!!!!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Once you use your invitation beta key, you get access to 3.0. It sounds like you already did that. You still have to manually log in to 3.0, using your G account and password. If the site isn't letting you do this, then it is a problem.

By the way, is there currently anyway to view other profiles on AG 3.0 or is this still being worked on?

As was said in the memo you got, this will be in the future release.
metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

you can start a game in AG2 and press continue in AG3. Awesome!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i got an email with that title but WHERE IS THE CODE!!!!!

You get the second email. be patient.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

you have to log in using your AG 2.0 login and pass

Already done that.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

So it doesn't come immediately? Because I've waited an hour for the next email. And I do believe I was one of the very first ones to sign up, so itf it was according to time, I should already have it.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

That explains why typing 'claymore' did not work

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

That explains why typing 'claymore' did not work

you actually tried that?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

You should already have it :/
I received both within a minute. hows your connection and download speed moonfairy?

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well my whole problem with having to re-sign for the beta must have put me later in the list.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

my connection is pretty good. I think graham tested it once and it is pretty normal.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

If you get an e-mail that says "Your invitation is here!" or something to that effect from AG, than look further down on that page for the code. Also guys remember that if you signed up after 9 AM pacific time, then you're not receiving a code, just the newsletter.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Also guys remember that if you signed up after 9 AM pacific time, then you're not receiving a code, just the newsletter.
Wait. WHAT. On which day?!
It just says claymore on mine.
This doesn't make sense because RIGHT whenever the site opened, I signed up. So What is the problem?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

i signed up a long time ago

Showing 121-135 of 249