ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36849
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Wait until tomorrow. If you still do not have the invitation code, then email Cormyn.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Lurking around AGv3. I like the layout. It looks as simple to use as it is right now.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

YES!!! I finally got the newsletter. At least that's a start. =)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I agree, I love the homepage very much! I also love the code-fu that James implemented--things slide over and move when buttons are clicked! Very, very shweet.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I wish I could log in and that the community page worked.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

They probably just put the link there for it but they haven't put anything in for it yet.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

this is depressing.... I'll just lurk on Counting Time or maybe AQW...
and cry at the same time.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Most of the features on AG3 in the beta stage aren't supposed to work right now such as the forums.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Wow, the form actually stopped for a couple minutes.....

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Everyone else is enjoying the Beta, meanwhile, I am stuck on version 2.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To clarify, the "invite code" that you get in the Email that's a 10-character code like "a1b2c3d4e5" is just to get you past the beta sign-up screen. Once you're past that screen, you'll use your AG2 username/password.

If you ever see the beta sign-up screen again (or if you try a different browser/OS, you'll need to use your invite code again. That's why we give you multiple activations, so you can help us test multiple browsers, etc.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

MrTim, as the newsletter said, you cannot view user profiles right now.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

remember that if you signed up after 9 AM pacific time, then you're not receiving a code

... all 5 of you.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That's either a good thing, or there aren't very many people interested in beta testing haha

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It can be possible yours wasn't sent.

All 500 invite code Emails were sent as soon as we sent out the 560-ish newsletter Emails.

Check your spam folders, especially if you have a Yahoo account. They like to mark our stuff as spam. If they have a "this isn't spam" button, please select our messages and hit that button for us, maybe that'll help in the future.
Showing 151-165 of 249