ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

AG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 22, '10 at 6:59pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Posted Nov 22, '10 at 6:59pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

I'm going to lock this post to start, and will unlock it as we get closer to Dec 6th so we can start discussing things.

Posted Nov 30, '10 at 12:30pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Our next release might get pushed by a week, to December 13, because last week was a short work week, and we have a lot of things we want to build into the next release.

I'll confirm it later today.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 3:51pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Just to confirm from yesterday, we ARE pushing the next release out by another week. It'll happen on Dec 13, not Dec 6.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 4:13pm

Matrix159

Matrix159

345 posts

So is there going to be any changes in the next beta sign-up? Or is it just for the people that didn't sign up before.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 4:19pm

DaRkNe5s

DaRkNe5s

319 posts

yeah is there going to release all the features in the armory?

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 4:20pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,285 posts

So is there going to be any changes in the next beta sign-up? Or is it just for the people that didn't sign up before.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

I imagine, yes, there will be extra features given in Falchion. At least this gives the team more time to work on that cookie/cache problem.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 4:35pm

Matrix159

Matrix159

345 posts

Yeah, gotta hate that stupid cookie/cache problem.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 4:57pm

CommanderDude7

CommanderDude7

4,753 posts

I just released all the betas have sword names so far. O_O
Also will the invite code for claymore work on falchion?

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 5:19pm

Matrix159

Matrix159

345 posts

Yeah, Commander brought up a good question.