ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAwesome Art Contest: The Stone Age (p34)

362 103586
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Some of you may remember the Art Skills Competition(ASC) that died some time ago, and there has been no succesful drawing art competition since it died. It died because there was no judge and other reasons, but I joined in the last 2 rounds of that competition and I have to say that I miss it.

So, I decided to have go at making another arty competition of that kind. And every succesful contest must have a set of rules.

1. You must not use artwork that belongs to any other person other than yourself

2. The artwork must be visual, not literary or audible. It can be a photo manipulation or drawing or other.

3. The deadline is 2 weeks from the setting of a new theme

4. You can submit more than one artwork, but must say which is your final

5. You must follow the theme

6. Anyone who fails to follow the first rule will be first warned, if repeated, then suspended for a round and then 2, and then banned until further notice.

7. The will be up to 5 awards each round which may vary, except for the 1st place award and Scenery award(background).

For anyone that would like to enter here's the Programs you could use alongside many others:

GIMP - free
Paint
Photoshop(costs)
Corel Painter(costs)

This round's Theme is

Ninjas

The 2 varying awards for this round are:

Weapon award
Stealth award

I will be the judge, so I won't enter

Hope this works

• 362 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well it has to be an original drawing, photo editing isn't allowed i think, unless you can prove that you took them

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

If I were to enter, what would be the primary critera for a winning drawing?

creative idea, good composition/nice design, effective line style and shading and various little thing.

photo editing isn't allowed i think

It is allowed, anything visual. and you just have to have permission to use the photos that you used, or be the one that took them.
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

oh, and the robotic suit is a great idea.

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Am I late???

If I am, then darn.

If i'm not, then here are the Blueprints for the GeckoSwim V1 Beta, an aquatic vehicle powered by huge legs. And the writing is in Geckonian, the language of my Geckos in the Forum Game Animal Wars, so it's ok if you don't understand it.

Anyway, here it is:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2cnxpuw.png

Click the thumbnail for the full image.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

doesn't work, and youre not late, judging is 28th

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

That looks pretty cool. Don't make me bring the killer geckos!! =P

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

That thumbnail doesn't work!! mods you're getting on my nerves

Blackblood450
Blackblood450
49 posts
Nomad

well if you want to find awsome vehicles then you can down load mods to GTA anything and then look at the vehicles and you will find tons of awsome vehicles these are the best

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think we're here to draw our own unreal vehicles, like so:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/unrealcar.jpg

I'm actually in the middle of preparing for a Christmas party, but the onions got the better of me so I did this in the meanwhile.

I mean, I wonder what would happen if EA decided to do an NFS expansion based on retro cars and concepts...

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Nice pic, very good shading, the background's kind of.. pale...

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Sry for the thumbnail, dunno how to make it a link. If you want I could post it bigger. And yes, a very nice drawing. Well done, especially the light effects.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

yes, that would be awesome, or post a normal link

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Kk, here is the Bigger version:

http://i54.tinypic.com/xf9275.png

Should be big enough now.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

the background's kind of.. pale...

Yeah I don't have time to finish it D: otherwise it'd be night-time and there'd be lights all over the place and stuff.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I think we're here to draw our own unreal vehicles, like so:

1) I am reminded of the Yoshi Car from Yoshi's Island. It has the same attitude.

2) My favorite part of this image is the cop cars bouncing along in the background. They seem to pursue with jovial jauntiness, trying to catch the car but not taking the situation excessively seriously.
Showing 121-135 of 362