blackops1221

blackops1221

3 posts

Thx for the info I hope it help me

Posted Nov 29, '11 at 5:33am

darklichxan

darklichxan

40 posts

This is really helpful. I just finished the last level of Colony with all your help. Thanks a lot!

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 1:46pm

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

Old time favorite 1v1 build (kinda redundant nowadays)

CW Build.

Be Fascist.
Bank
Forge
rush out about 5-7 scout and maybe 1 roman to center. If opponent makes a lot of marines, send one scout in front of rest to soak the marines attacks then kill them. This is good for influence gain and wasting opponents resources.
Make a generator (Unless you lost center or need AA in which case make an armory instead)
Create Solar grid and make Mod sakata and rush romans until base is destroyed. (If scouts were destroyed and none left and went for armory then go for manufactory then create AA and phantoms then either go for solar grid or upgrade again for standard spiders.)
I used to use this all of the time and rarely lost a game...but there are quite a few counters for it nowa days.:l[/quote]

Believe it or not, this strategy is still pretty popular
Probably the best gov to counter this with would be monarchy
most of 1v1 monarchy builds can counter this if done right
If your opponent uses this strategy also, the winner usually leads to player with better micro and adaptation

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 1:50pm

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

I failed qoute XD

CW Build.

Be Fascist.
Bank
Forge
rush out about 5-7 scout and maybe 1 roman to center. If opponent makes a lot of marines, send one scout in front of rest to soak the marines attacks then kill them. This is good for influence gain and wasting opponents resources.
Make a generator (Unless you lost center or need AA in which case make an armory instead)
Create Solar grid and make Mod sakata and rush romans until base is destroyed. (If scouts were destroyed and none left and went for armory then go for manufactory then create AA and phantoms then either go for solar grid or upgrade again for standard spiders.)
I used to use this all of the time and rarely lost a game...but there are quite a few counters for it nowa days.:l

If your opponent uses this strategy also, the winner usually leads to player with better micro and adaptation

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 2:06pm

trying

trying

443 posts

who even does 1v1 CW?

Posted Dec 16, '11 at 5:06pm

fission12

fission12

63 posts

who even does 1v1 CW?

Agreed lol
CW Build.
Be Fascist.
Bank
Forge
I used to use this all of the time and rarely lost a game...but there are quite a few counters for it nowa days.:l

The funny thing is that this build is quite viable today with a couple of key adaptations. In fact, this is one of my favorite 1 v 1 normal builds today. If they are mon, you can defeat them. If they go sanctum, pin with massed scouts to kill saints and if they go for sphinx, rush romans and a mod sakata (by holding middle, you will have at least 50 inf by then). If they go ops, things get a bit tougher.

A. As you have a bank and forge just go armory and passively add to your 50 inf that as originally for the mod sakata and switch to post. (always keep armory on money) The other ground 0 would be for santum. The only problem is that they may get you but if you defend well and reach tier-3 post, mass bqs and go for sphinx.

B. Take your chance with forge. Upgrade bank and generator. (Keep armory on money) Then tech as fast as you can. After tier 3, get 3-4 gladiators(they own ops teams) and get anti-air as necessary. In some cases, it is also a good idea to kill armory and get ops. Keep the ops teams to heal glads. Then wear down their base in groups of 3-4 sakatas (to make them waste money on missiles) and send groups of 3-4 phantoms. Pinning them is idea especially if you can. There is a youtube video of me doing this. Just type in fission12 colony; there will be some vids on me doing the fasc build agaiinst monarchy.

-Fissy

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!