Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

AGv.3 1-uping facebook (A review as of yet)

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 2:59pm

Koshionos

Koshionos

469 posts

Can I just state that the new AG site looks amazing? I like the new color scheme and the layout of the site, suffice to say the developers did an amazing job with it.

Things I like:
1) Placement of the ads: Banner ads have a tendency of being rollover ads, and when going down to your game they occasionally activate. The new layout of ads (as of yet) seems to work functionally without getting in the way.

2) Facebook style profile: needs no explanation really...

3) Page layout: From the ads, to the placement of the game thumbnails, to the games themselves and the profile page it seems extremely well done! But...

Things that could change (in my opinion):

1) My friends list is in the followers section or followed section, will this be changed?

2)Though I have no problems with the layout of the front page, a good idea would be to create collapsible menus, everything starts collapsed allowing quick search of the game type desired by the player.

3)When I clicked most popular games I saw a game with only 57 plays (???) probably just a bug but, meh...

All in all, it is a terrific improvement over v.2, this is my evaluation as of yet, can't wait to see the completed version.

So far, so good...

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 3:27pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,732 posts

As a short reply to your possible problems and glitches... this IS still a beta testing website, so glitches will still occur and features are still not activated yet.
Just thought you should kow... ;)

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 3:31pm

Koshionos

Koshionos

469 posts

I'm aware, I've made websites too, and I know the bugs that can develop, this is my review as of yet, what's to come has yet to be seen.

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 3:53pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,441 posts

I personally don't like the facebook style profile. I think it should stay like it is.

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 3:58pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I can get use to it.
It's just I like how the about section is bigger on here. The status updates though are good. It does remind me of facebook. For me though, I like how it is on the beta. It looks nicer. I love the darker background. And everything on there is laid out nicely.

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 4:03pm

Pedro97

Pedro97

1,445 posts

3)When I clicked most popular games I saw a game with only 57 plays (???) probably just a bug but, meh...

I have noticed this too. For example, the game "Flight" has 4,000,000 plays in AG2 and 2,700,000 plays in beta AG3. And other games have this problem too.

I didn't like the Facebook style of our profile. And I didn't like the way we move into the site. The things I liked were the new emblem and the colors of the scheme. I liked the games organization too.

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 4:33pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,441 posts

Yeah, for me it is just the about section that I do not like. But otherwise it is good.

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 3:41pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

I like how the about section is bigger on here

Several users would disagree (including most of the web development team), especially against users who push the limit on the ~60,000 character limit on the biographies here on AG2 by simply copy-and-paste tons of ascii art.

As for the mis-matched game play counters, they're not migrated to AG3 in real-time, but once we finalize the beta, they will be.

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 3:48pm

ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak

778 posts

simply copy-and-paste tons of ascii art.

Hopefully there will be no more of that, it's really unnecessary and quite ugly.

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 5:11pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Dunno, maybe we'll make an ASCII art forum or something where every post is set in a monospace font or something. /shrug

Reply to AGv.3 1-uping facebook (A review as of yet)

You must be logged in to post a reply!