ForumsSupport ForumTopics... Where was i?

12 3544
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

alright, im going to post a suggestion...
i await thirty people to tell me that this was posted in Smarch and that I should have read that thread but then i'd just be posting on a dead topic and i'd require a verbal lynching for that too... i guess community behavior is another thread, anyhow:

On another site i frequent discussion boards they have listed the:

topics------replies-----date created-----last post-----YOUR POSTS

that way you can see which topics you've posted on in case of similar posts being confusing. lord knows we never have similar posts in this place.... 8-P

just a suggestion for ease of cruising the boards.

not much conversation needed. take note of it. employ it or dont.

i drink your milkshake

• 12 Replies
Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
150 posts
Nomad

I really like that suggestion! That's a really good idea!!

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think its a really good idea as well. I think, in addition, we should be able to see all threads started by whoever, as well as all replies by whoever. This would make it a lot easier to catch spammers, because if you see one spamtastic comment, you can do a bit of research and see if they are really a spammer, or just made one mistake.

PKza
PKza
57 posts
Nomad

Agree

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Great suggestion.

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

Wow great idea that's kinda like thhe game category.Or you can add in the amount of views.

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

So something like a "recent activity" section on your profile?

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

No John it's for the forums

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

yeah, john, i go in the support and suggestions heading and have:

Topics.............. replies... views.... last post.......
AP for eating tacos 3 1853 1 hour ago by taintfish

etc...

all im proposing is another column in there someplace that has YOUR POSTS so that you know if this is a topic you're involved in conversation with (yeah i know, preposition).

SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS:
Topics.......... replies|YOUR POSTS|views | last post.......
AP for eating tacos 3 | 0 |1853 | 1 hour ago by taintfish

ratings in my pants 22 | 3 |733 | 1 hour ago by novahomie

AG killed my dog 9 | 0 | 45 | two days ago by mumbles

mods!read me a story 5 | 0 | 17 | a tuesday in '87

etc...

and as you can see i have more interest in the ratings in my pants than a dead dog, tacos, or mods reading bedtime stories.

the other site im stealing the idea from is a writing site with people who like to hear themselves talk (type) so we'll broach 50 topics daily (1/3 have any value)
but here i think it would help a lot with double posting and some of the word games in the tavern and such. i really only hit up S&S and the Tavern, i dont branch out too often.

but yeah.

i apologize if im over explaining, or not clearly communicating.

thanks to those on board (haha that could be a pun, kinda. maybe.... it could [see its a message board and... oh god i hate myself])

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Wow! I like this idea! Why would you need forgiveness for over explaining? That is a good thing! Really helpful for searching out spammers which is great for the mods! Haha, thanks for bringing this up!

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i'm sorry that this has nothing to do with this but that is funny a mod being nice enough to read you a bedtime story.

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

wow! nt bad!

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

alright, well i read a topic just now about "bumping" serendipidious (that might be spelled right) because i was planning on bumping this here topic i made...
im hoping this is that 1 out of 10 that it is appropriate and if it isn't well then can i at least decide who gives me the spanking???

Either way, the first post on this topic was my (stolen) idea and a small group of folk were into it, so i just wanted to maybe get a few more takes and make sure someone in the AG hierarchy puts this in the "maybe" column.

also to add an appendix to that idea, one that may cut down on inadvertent resurrection of dead topics,

a DATE CREATED as being part of the forum listing. whats more, you could even go so far as to, well, do what this other place i hang out at does, "Color code them"

so you have a layout like

TOPIC | CREATED | LATEST POST | # OF POSTS | YOUR POSTS

Farms Dec 24th 6 minutes ago 4 0
by Weenie by Dorkpie
Tahoe Yesterday 3 hours ago 34 2
by Gavin by Hermes
Cat barf Thursday Thursday 9 0
by Shoe by Vermin

and the italics would be in a different color lettering indicating recent activity. anything else is your standard black telling you, oh, its been a while, maybe commenting on "Gulliani's campaign strategy" is no longer necessary.

okay. like i said, re-upping something that got positive feedback, but quickly was lost in the shuffle of questions about AP for games.

ill shut up now,
thanks and goodnight.

Showing 1-12 of 12