ForumsNews and FeedbackSearch Engine Bug (was: Free rider 2 exploded)

15 4359
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I typed free rider 2 exactly in the beta search box and I got no results.

• 15 Replies
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Well, I have tried typing just "Free" on the search and I got a lot of results and Free Rider was there.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yeah, if you type free it comes. But it's quite strange.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

This has been happening to me with "Give Up Robot 2" also. When I type in the whole game name, nothing shows up, but when I type in "give", it shows up. It makes no sense.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I think they haven't transfered all the memory of search to the beta yet. Maybe in the next release (tomorrow)it will be fixed. Try it.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Funny how you said that it exploded, I thought that you meant from the title that you searched it and ur cpu crashed lol

darKguy77
darKguy77
12 posts
Nomad

free rider two is back anyways now!

sixshots
sixshots
83 posts
Nomad

i know what u mean it has happened to me for 2 or 3 games but its only beta and should be fixed in AG3

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Weird... maybe pedro97 is right... or mybe the search eneinge they got is at the falt! Lol or not... they said it was a spotlight like search but idk!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yup, confirmed bug if you look for things with spaces. We'll track it down later and get it fixed.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Hey guys in the meantime if you still wanna play games on Beta, you just simply copy the URL of the game from AG2 and paste it into the Beta version. Everything beyond /play/ should be fine. I experimented and figured that out since everything migrated. :P

I'm doing that for Hands of War and Arcuz since apparently it double-clicks within the game which makes playing it very frustrating. It only occurs on AG2 for some reason. Beta works just fine though!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

AG3 will eventually shift to a new model, though, Frank, the URLs will change from armorgames.com/play/1234/game-name to armorgames.com/play/game-name/1234

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Ah seems like that would be better for the search engeine.
But that is funny frank! It works in beta but not in the Ag2! XD
But you got the bug fix didn't you cormyn? On the 26th.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

armorgames.com/play/game-name/1234

If you only typed in the game name would it still work?
What abut only the game code number. I assume this would because it is more important to the address since it is always different. The game name could be the same for 2 different names.

Also, the space bar bug does not happen for me...
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

The spacebar bug is fixed, and I don't think typing only the game name would work, but with the new search bar why should you do it?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Kyahco, exactly, we'll probably get slightly better search engine optimization (SEO) having the game in the URL before the code.

Jdogg, whether we allow the URL to include the code or not, I don't know yet. Personally, I liken it to how we call user profiles right now (/user/cormyn on AG2 and /profile/cormyn on AG3), but when the user changes their name, we need to be able to redirect other users for a while... so we might let you call /play/exit-path but then redirect you to /play/exit-path/5917/ to actually start the game.

Gaboloth has a good point too -- if we have a nifty search feature, you wouldn't even need to type in your own URLs.

Showing 1-15 of 15