ForumsPopular MediaHow to not be scared of horror movies

34 11365
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Hi guys. I am going with my GF to see Saw one at a friend's house. I don't want her to know I am scared of horror movies, but I saw the trailer for the Shining and had to sleep with the light on. I kept hearing "Red rum,Red rum," echoing through my head.

Do you guys have any tips?

• 34 Replies
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

I don't see how you're scared by Saw, unless you're terribly screamish. Most horror aren't that scary, at least the newer ones (Paranormal Activity was the biggest fail of a Horror movie I've ever seen), some can be a little creepy. Older horror movie are the best (Unless you don't like getting scared).

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

I don't see how you're scared by Saw, unless you're terribly screamish. Most horror aren't that scary, at least the newer ones (Paranormal Activity was the biggest fail of a Horror movie I've ever seen), some can be a little creepy. Older horror movie are the best (Unless you don't like getting scared).

Agreed. Most horror movies these days have resorted to the gore factor and aren't really scary. If you're creeped out by blood and guts then modern horror films aren't for you, but I really don't think they can be labeled as "scary".
TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

Be scared of them.. there is nothing wrong with that! A bit of fear never hurts anyone..

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I don't see how you're scared by Saw, unless you're terribly screamish

Yeah, I am a bit screamish, but not that much. I thought it was suspenseful, and that was why I was worried. I saw the Shining and peed my pants. Literally.
Showing 31-34 of 34