ForumsPopular MediaHow to not be scared of horror movies

34 11363
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Hi guys. I am going with my GF to see Saw one at a friend's house. I don't want her to know I am scared of horror movies, but I saw the trailer for the Shining and had to sleep with the light on. I kept hearing "Red rum,Red rum," echoing through my head.

Do you guys have any tips?

• 34 Replies
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Suspense scares me because it is the baby step into the unknown, and the unknown can be a scary place.

Watch Rear Window - Alfred Hitchcock...
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

That too. My friend saw it, and he said he was afraid a homicidal devil witch was going to get him. =P

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

If you use the tack idea, chances are you'll jump and stab yourself. You'll look pretty stupid too.

There's not much I can add to this thread. Get over it, ignore it, its all mindgames.

Don't hold your girlfriends hand if you know you're gonna jump.

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

I agree with Pazx, just think about everything, and be a negative person about it. 'That effect is so cheap! Who would get scared by that guy?! THAT was predictable!' This will ruin the movie for you, however, and I don't suggest it. Usually just let yourself be scared, or don't. If you don't, then you shouldn't expect much from the movie.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Thanks guys. I'm going there in 5 minutes. Wish me luck. =P

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Good luck Ghgt99. Remember - most of the things you worry about never happen!

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

If you use the tack idea, chances are you'll jump and stab yourself. You'll look pretty stupid too.

There's not much I can add to this thread. Get over it, ignore it, its all mindgames.

Don't hold your girlfriends hand if you know you're gonna jump.

That's why I said only do it lightly.

Watch Rear Window - Alfred Hitchcock...

I saw it. Not the worst. Alfred Hitchcock's movies are good, but entertaining at the most.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Alfred Hitchcock's movies are good, but entertaining at the most.

I dunno - I think that Vertigo is brilliant.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Just got back from it. It was gory but not that scary.

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

See - it wasn't that bad!

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

True. I have been scared of horror movies since I saw the trailer for a movie, can't remember which.

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

My suggestion is play the Resident Evil series. I played them when I was a kid and I'm really not afraid of anything now lol.

PurEvil
PurEvil
409 posts
Nomad

I am currently playing F.E.A.R and that game is s... scary. I usually play for about 50 mins, then switch to another, not scary game

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I think the scariest game ever is Amnesia Dark Descent.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I have never played a scary game or watched a really scary movie but I don't like the "horror" style. When I watch an horror movie I just think that what is happening is not real.

Showing 16-30 of 34