ForumsWEPRMichael Vick. What do you think.

37 6515
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

What's with the idiots who support Michael Vick?!
He killed dogs for Gods sake!!!

• 37 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Celebritys should have to pay a HARSHER punishment because lots of kids look up to celebritys and atheletes.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Celebritys should have to pay a HARSHER punishment because lots of kids look up to celebritys and atheletes.

Now that you brought this up, I agree, I mean there mst have been ton and tons of kids all ages looking up to vick, wanting to be like vick, but now that he has done this, what are the kids going to think. The older ones might uderstand, but the youger ones will think that hurting animals is a good thing. Celebritys should have there own special rules because not olny do they effact young kids, but they can change the way the millions of people think about certain veiws.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ooh wait, just a moment...I should have said, I didn't mean that celebrities should have a separate set of laws apply to them, or that the same laws should be applied harsher on them (not systematically)- because then the law might not be impartial.

I just meant that the people are the judge of celebrities, and when they fall, some of them judge harsher than others. I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing, though, rather that it simply comes with the territory.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

unfortanatly in america the laws on going harsher would be unconstitutional.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Correct! And that's why I stopped short of that line...because people have to old some kind of value to be sacrosanct.

That said, I'm only espousing the harsher treatment of celebrities by the general public to provoke thought...I haven't stated my complete opinion on this topic.

Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

I completly agree with the fact that Strop had made his first and foremost opinion of the fact.

Don't we all remember Brittany Spears, (that guy who wrote about how he killed his wife. Forgive me, I seem to have forgotten his name), Paris Hilton, and all the others who seem to think they can and will defy laws without means of being punished!! Oh yeah, don't forget Martha Stewart.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

He is a total *ss I heard so things that might not be true but I provide some links I think that Vick deserves to be neutered, I wont, buy his products, support him, or Brake for him.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

How many of you remember Michael Jackson? He has been a celebrity for so long that he live in a fantasy world where he can do what he wants. Some, SOME celebrities are like that, but not all. They just try criminal acts out and sometimes they can get away with things, and sometimes they can't.

All people should be persecuted the same, whether they are a celebrity or not. It doesn't always happen, but the backlash they receive can sometimes be more detrimental than a prison term. And sometimes it can be just the boost that thir carrer needs.

But still, they should be punished the same nonetheless.
Oh, and Beast, it was O.J. Simpson who wrote 'If i had killed my wife'.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Michael Jackson? He has been a celebrity for so long that he live in a fantasy world where he can do what he wants

Now there's an interesting example, because it actually makes me want to flip my position!

This is because I'm gonig to tentatively forward the opinion that Michael Jackson was largely misunderstood- what he was doing was certainly not easy to relate to, not within general acceptable protocol and therefore suspicious, but I suspect there was no actual criminal activity at least according to the basis for said criminal act. Strangely enough, if you want an accurate summation of the rationale, you might want to watch South Park's take on Jackson.

...did anybody see that coming? A serious suggestion referencing South Park? Well, I guess seeing as I'm listening to Eminem's Just Lose It right now...

That said, I think I can say this now: The line "celebrities are from a world removed" goes both ways- is it up to us to keep them real, and in what way?

Also...now that you use the word persecuted, I'm starting to wonder whether anybody "should be persecuted". That's another question for this thread.
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I'm starting to wonder whether anybody "should be persecuted".

Of course! A government without punishment, is not a govenment but rather anarchy.
csmith995
csmith995
42 posts
Nomad

vick is an idiot he had it made and wasted it just to get some small money betting on dogs

Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
150 posts
Nomad

Vick is just like all the other dumb professional athletes that mess up their lives by doing something dumb. I don't know if it's just because they get caught up in the fame, and glory and they don't think that they'll be caught or what. I just hate when profession athletes(Vick) go to jail and ruin their lives for the most ignorant reasons! Little kids that look up to these people should have better intelligence to just go off and have a dog betting event!

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Here's something to ponder. Do you really think that he just started doing this within the few years surrounding his arrest? People like him are not just randomly drawn to it, you have to be prevy to it earlier in life.

I am originally from Gadsden, Alabama, a small town with dog and cock fighting. In the south, it's a big deal. I knew people that were very well off from it. Does anyone remember that he is oriiginally from Georgia? With that in mind, in my opinion it's not a matter of celebrity going to his head, it's a case of being in the public eye enough for your personal long time interest coming to light when you least expect it.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

in my opinion it's not a matter of celebrity going to his head, it's a case of being in the public eye enough for your personal long time interest coming to light when you least expect it.

Being aware of this now (note that I never personally assumed that Vick would have engaged in animal-fighting of any sort due to his celebrity status...it's just not something that would seem likely to happen), this furthers my case for arguing against my initial position, as I value the critical appreciation of contexts.

However if one modified my original point, you could say that the treatment of Vick is valuable in the sense of serving as a social barometer. But then again, so are standup comedians.

Personal interests in life coming to light can be a bit nightmarish and the type of reactions we see here foster a kind of hostile closemindedness I wouldn't want to espouse.
acdcrocks173
acdcrocks173
83 posts
Nomad

I think he is a terrible person and should have been arrested for a longer period of time.

Showing 16-30 of 37