ForumsWEPRMichael Vick. What do you think.

37 6516
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

What's with the idiots who support Michael Vick?!
He killed dogs for Gods sake!!!

• 37 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Er, skull...

Of course! A government without punishment, is not a govenment but rather anarchy.

You've got the wrong word. The application of law to attempt to punish a person as a criminal is prosecution. Persecution is the attempt to exterminate/subjugate people based on some other aspect of their character, be it race, lifestyle, gender, religious beliefs.

A government with persecution is therefore an oppressive one that tends to "violate human rights". A government without prosecution...well, although this is hypothetical I also don't know whether that's necessarily anarchy- it's possible to run a system only on positive incentives to behavior.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

who's micheal vick?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(I don't know either. But seeing as people were talking about his being banned from the NHL, I'm going to assume he's a hockey player.)

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

He'a an ex quaterback for the Atlanta Flacons... NFL... lol

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

lol..Micheal Vick, a hockey player. Now that's funny.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

What is now amazing me is that I realize that a person with no equivication in the flow of our governmental policies or decision making process can bring about so much debate over getting caught doing an illegal activity. If it was Joe blow civilian with no popularity status, it would make no difference. But, give him celebrity status, with the possibility of role model position to boot, and you have yourself a story. Didn't TMZ have the foundation for its business?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ohh, so it's NFL...not NHL... >.<

Right, well don't mind me, I don't get *any* news about the world of US sports :P *noob*

I think the answer or at least a discussion on that query exists in the form of the "Celebrities in the Media" thread, Ichibon.

Showing 31-37 of 37