ForumsGamesEverything Minecraft

2284 507425
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

hey everyone, I haven't seen any topics about this wonderful game so I thought I would make one.

• 2,284 Replies
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
801 posts
Nomad

Minecraft is truly spectacular. I mean, you can just build you're own world. I like the survival mode best. It's pretty challenging for me.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Never played it but too many people have said it's amazing.

Might get it for my birthday if it's cheap enough. I hate getting games now because:
1) StarCraft II can easily take up all my time, and I've had it a couple months
2) I bought Magicka and have not yet played through it
3) I got Crysis 2 preordered, yay
4) I'm going to get Amnesia: The Dark Descent for my birthday anyway, I need help sleeping. (being scared to sleep is much easier)
5) Doing nothing in particular bores me (whereas making a map in Age of Mythology is fine because I actually learn new uses for triggers and new scenarios, etc).

- H

Squidbears
Squidbears
627 posts
Nomad

I'm scared to ever try this game.. because all my friends are like addicted to it... and i dont want that to happen to me!!

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

i have heard of it but never played so i shall google it now

brisingr5665
brisingr5665
40 posts
Nomad

honestly i think its a cool game. unfortunately though i think it should be a free play, and i know that they already have a free play"mode"! i mean fully free. because my friends always ask me to play, but i just dont care enough about any game to buy full price when it was alot cheaper not long ago.

brisingr5665
brisingr5665
40 posts
Nomad

p.s. yay a comment on AOM! i love that game and until a week ago i still played it, unfortunately i you dont have multiplayer when you got hacked version!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I pre-ordered it in the Alpha, and i might play it right now... should be interesting to play it lag-free for once due to my late '03 laptop, soon to be replaced with newer techz.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I'm scared to ever try this game.. because all my friends are like addicted to it... and i dont want that to happen to me!!

yea dude it IS addicting, the single player alone. Im addicted i wont even lie.
p.s. yay a comment on AOM! i love that game and until a week ago i still played it, unfortunately i you dont have multiplayer when you got hacked version!

Yea i also have a hacked version, I bought a full version also because i support the company and the makers.

Never played it but too many people have said it's amazing.

yea man definitely, I recommend it.
laza
laza
66 posts
Nomad

I love minecraft, a truly great game. Had lots of lulz while playing it

cloud6563
cloud6563
3 posts
Nomad

minecraft is great and i told my freands about it and they say its crap coz of the grafick but i dont care the gameplay is what counts

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

You can mount up a texture pack and it turns into a whole new game.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

honestly i think its a cool game. unfortunately though i think it should be a free play, and i know that they already have a free play"mode"! i mean fully free. because my friends always ask me to play, but i just dont care enough about any game to buy full price when it was alot cheaper not long ago.

When a group of people make a game together and it can hold their own against the popular games...with java...you should expect a fee. It's even much smaller than the usual $55 we see when new games come out. $20 is not that bad, and you will be playing such a great game.
iko
iko
161 posts
Nomad

It's like Legos, on steroids. Has anyone played on a multiplayer server? My friend is starting one soon and I was wondering what it was like.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Multiplayer servers are alright depending on what you like. If you like survival and restrictions stay on singleplayer. If you like running away from lava and zombies survival play multiplayer. The multiplayer host can do many things to a server, its up to him if he makes it fun or not.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Iko, you.have.no.idea. how awesome it is. There are groups of people that work together on huge projects, or you can still be independent. They have underground tunnels in my server that reach for minutes on end, powered by minecarts, that connect two continents together. We have floating landmasses, interconnected bridges that, when viewed from above, look like spiderweb, and the spawn area looks like a city. Someone made a 1028x128 square "monster grinder" that is a series of water tunnels that would collect spawned monsters and forces them through an assembly line of "lava knives" that, in the end, would dispense their drops at the bottom like a vending machine. You can even see it in action via glass windows.

Yeah, everything you worked for in singleplayer would look like child's play when you adventure in multiplayer.

Showing 1-15 of 2284