ForumsSupport ForumUndo Mod's Work?

20 5202
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Well I was just thinking about what had happened to Switchfoot, and how he could have almost have been a Mod. So I just thought that Admins should have the power to undo a Mod's work. For example, just like Switchfoot did, some crazy guy manipulates everybody and just starts being super good and finally he is asked to be a Mod. After a couple days he goes crazy and decides to delete every topic, comments, and stuff. Once they take care of him, they should be able to undo all his bad doings, so he didn't ruin the site. I know that think isn't really helping users, but it's a really smart backup idea, just encase something this insane actually happens.

• 20 Replies
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

ikillnerds, this is not about SwitchFoot.
If you read the posts that had already been written in a topic instead of assuming you know what they contain, then you might have avoided the mistake...

It's a general idea, another way of preserving the community.

Metalheadbob
Metalheadbob
95 posts
Nomad

This could easily be done all you have to do is make a rollback.
Basically what a rollback is you can like rollback 5 hours back.Very simple very easy to do.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That's a stretchy hypothetical- we should first consider scenarios that at least slightly likely...well the most likely scenarios first, then work from there.

If a fake person became a mod and never got caught, that would be because they never left any evidence that they were 'fake'. Which means for all appearances they aren't 'fake'.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Plus, everyone would definately notice if some random person was a mod. The mods are all over the site, and if you saw a person that you have never heard of that claimed to be a mod, your suspicion buzzer should be going off!

Skilltizer
Skilltizer
83 posts
Nomad

Yeah i agree

Showing 16-20 of 20