ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44580
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

pretty sure in the book of romans it says, ALL have sinned...

tyralpha
tyralpha
8 posts
Nomad

Asherlee, I'm not in denial, I'm just wondering when you last heard of a Christian murderer in the last 100 years. I'm not in denial at all, just tell me of a Christian murderer, name one. (and I am not saying Christianity is full of perfect people)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, for starters Hitler was brought up Christian and supposedly continued his faith until he died.

Also, it is said that Ted Kaczynski was also a devout catholic.

I could list more if you want. What is the point?

I think Hitler is enough.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

'Throughout his life, Hitler often praised Christian heritage, German Christian culture, and a belief in Jesus Christ. In his speeches and publications Hitler even spoke of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism, stating that "As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice"'

Serb, please get your facts straight before you insult a member of the community. Just because you don't want to believe it to be true, doesn't mean that it isn't. Please show respect, and watch your cursing.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Your posts will be deleted if they are offensive. So if you see missing posts, that is probably why.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

She was making an educated post.

And Serb, not that you need to know, but I am not atheist. You should not make false claims about other peoples religious standing.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

No, I am not any of those things, and I do not feel that I need to tell you what my beliefs are. I spit on no one, and I respect Judaism.

I highly suggest that you stop making false claims and start acting nicer, because you are in violation of the Rules & Guidelines. Especially when you are insulting two moderators at once. For some reason that doesn't strike me as a good idea.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Excuse the moderation, we just deleted a few posts.

choogly
choogly
40 posts
Nomad

Think about this: If there was no religion, but lets say last week jesus was born and starting preaching christianity, he would look as crazy as tom cruise

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

i dont get why peolpe are always talking about how weird christians are it annoys the crap out of me.(btw im christian lol)
and how everyone is always talking about how so many peolpe who were mass slaughterers were christians. have you ever heard of the roman times when christians were slaughtered because they threatened the roman power. they were being put to extinction. im not saying christianity is perfect because i really treat all religions equal. im just saying why do peolpe always have to judge religions based on so few things.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

they do it cause its the easy thing to do

for example all you have to do is turn on tv to see Muslims killing but you have to actually look them up to see that they require giving to charity

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Taco, it seems that is a part of MOST (not all) religions. People kill in the name of their country or religion and lash out on specific groups to make a point. This is why I have deduced that organized religion might be a bad idea. I think personal spirituality is the way to go. I know I don't need religion to believe in a higher power.

I mean look at how many people have died because of religion.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

usually id think that a thought like asherlees about organized religeon is stupid but when someone explains it like that it seems like the right thing to do

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well all the killing isnt so bad. now dont start thinking bad about me let me explain first. The world is starting to overpopulate. if the millions who had died over religion lived, then they would have had more kids. then those kids would have had kids and so on. War, religion, and disease is how our world has kept from being even worsely overpopulated today. ive read somewhere that about 45 people are born each second and about 27 people die each second. Without all the fighting and disease of the world the dying rate would be much lower. Just like rabbits have natural predators like foxes to keep their numbers in check, fighting is the way we keep our numbers in check. Although even these things arent working as they should thanks to modern medicine,

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

How would you like the whole world to look like this pool.
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-08/crowded-pool-japan.jpg

Showing 91-105 of 239