ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44582
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I can't accept that over-population justifies religious genocide. That is a very slippery slope that doesn't even need further examples.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well im not saying that we should start killing more or anything just that it is natures way of keeping the population in check.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Natures way of keeping the population in check is with fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.

Genocide would be man keeping the population in check.

Nature has nothing to do with genocide.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well its human nature to kill other people.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think so. It ma be human nature to defend yourself, and kill animals for food. But killing just to kill? That is not human nature.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

OMFG LOL that pool is insanely overpopulated no offense but i find that picture extremly funny.
and carlie haas got a point. if its your nature to kill other peolpe please stay away from them. =)

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well if it werent part of everyones nature, even just a little bit no one would kill each other. just like its other animals to kill each other. we are animals you have to remember our brains are just a little bigger.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Angry is a natural human emotion. Some people are too weak, foolish, etc., to control that emotion, so they go ahead and kill someone, and ruin the rest of their life.

mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

I am not christian that first i am
asian american and i grew up in an
buddist religion but honestly it was kinda dumb buring paper and getting the tips of my fingers red i was bullied in school so my patrents sent me to a Catholic school,then a christian school
but one wierd thing is i have some questions if god is the all powerful creator why did it take him 7 day to make the universe if he is so power full
coyuldn't he have done it in one milli second? and why did jesus kill the fig tree if it wasn't even the right season
for the fruits yto come out,if god was the only one in the begginging who made the devil, if gos knows everything and made everything perfeect why did he make us so inpure so that eh wanted to sacrifice his son to forgive opur sins?

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well i think god took 7 days so that he could make everything perfect. i dnot know about the fig tree, but the devil is said to be a fallen angel by the name of lucifer. fallen angels were angels that chose evil over good. and god probably made us imperfect because that is what makes us human. if we were all perfect then life would be dull and boring. what god gave us along side all of our impurities was happiness and joy along with the sadness.

mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

Oh wow wll couldn't god make Lucifer
more perfect so he wouldn't become the devil its like god wants him to be the devil

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

god probably could but there has to be a balence between evil and good. Yin and Yang

mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

Finally something i can yell at you at wround yin and yang is based on Buddisism religion which just breaks one of the commandments god did not care for
Lucifier becuase god is all powerful
their is no balance between good and evil
only god glory

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

well i just used yin and yang as an example because it symbolises balance. but now i can yell at you because it is said that god loves all his children.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am not saying that humans do not kill each other. What I am saying is that it is not a natural response to just go out and kill other people. Maybe in defense, yes. Maybe to kill an animal for food, yes. But to go out and deliberately say "Hey, I think I will kill someone today!" is not human nature.

And relating it to nature, I would have to point out that most animals will not kill each other. Animals will get in fights, protect their territories, etc. But rarely will an animal actually kill another one in a fight. This may sound weird, but I have read books on animal behavior. Animals don't just go and kill each other and get into wars like we do.

Showing 106-120 of 239