Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Ideas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 1, '11 at 12:18pm

scardragon99

scardragon99

575 posts

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

Posted Mar 1, '11 at 1:48pm

jroyster22

jroyster22

775 posts

Administrator

The rumor you heard is correct, however, this feature wont be available for a little while. Most likely after the launch of AG3

Posted Mar 1, '11 at 1:50pm

scardragon99

scardragon99

575 posts

Ok thanks but will people use the same, or similar username. Just to annoy you.

Posted Mar 2, '11 at 1:22am

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

No, the way we're planning it is that you'll need to have been an active member for a period of time. Then, you'll choose a new username, and if it's available, everyone will see your old username on your profile for the next month. During that month, no other user can pick your old username. Once the month is up, another user can try to use that name instead, but other users will still *their* old name for the next month, etc.

Posted Mar 4, '11 at 3:50pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,941 posts

Will you have to have a certain number of karma points to do it? Because then if people would want to change their username they would have to be good citizens of AG. =)

Posted Mar 4, '11 at 4:06pm

scardragon99

scardragon99

575 posts

ok cormyn thanks.

Posted Mar 9, '11 at 1:14pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

Ghgt99, yes, we'll likely have some strict requirements for it.

Posted Mar 22, '11 at 7:33pm

Cpt0bviousV2

Cpt0bviousV2

19 posts

hey me and my friend are trying to start a clan but we cant figure out how to change our names and don't wanna make a new account can someone please tell me how to??

Posted Mar 22, '11 at 7:38pm

darkrai097

darkrai097

881 posts

@CptObvious: You should really read the entire topic before posting.
I would rather have a system so that after you change your name, people can't take your old one unless you allow it. Like a checkbox that says "Allow users to use your old username".

Posted Mar 22, '11 at 7:46pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

darkrai097, we've already said several times that your old name will be reserved for at least 30 days if you change it.

Cpt0bviousV2, you can't change your name on AG2, and the feature isn't built in AG3 yet.