ForumsGames[NECRO] **Professional colony tournament**

352 67020
DaSickaJ
DaSickaJ
98 posts
Nomad

since krin is not unpdating colony no more, what we have is what we get. So that being said its time to put peoples skills to the test. Every old pro that has ever played the game may join new or old. If you "think" you have what it takes, even if your not pro, you may participate

Here are the Details of the tournament
When- March 20th
Time- 2:00pm eastern time zone (weekdays anywhere from 6pm est to 12pm midnight) *time may vary*
modes- 1v1 on normal (other modes may be included)

Rules
-Any build or strat is allowed *no restrictions*
-No Glitching (all pros will be able to tell this equals in automatic loss)
-No hacking
-Limited redo's (some people have lag problems, if nessicary the game can be postponed to fix connection)
if connection cannot be fixed its automatic disqualification, the tourny will not be held up no excuses
-No cap limit to participation. The tourny could be as big as 20 people 100 people or 500 people, i will organize matches as we go along
-No time limit. Games can last however long they need to, and the tournament itself can last all summer. The deadline is sept 10th 2011
-Games will be recorded. This will be done by either Me or YOS, so 1 of us will have to be online for matches to even count, these games will most likely be posted on youtube
-No bragging, trash talk, or unsporting conduct. These will equal in a round loss

*The winner will be decided by winning the best of 5 games*

Depending on size of tournament, the last group of people will be playing different game modes

The last 2 people will play the best of 11 games

if you wish to participate please post under this thread you wish to and the name of your AG account. Thank you. Good luck guys

• 352 Replies
billyfreezer
billyfreezer
5 posts
Nomad

Can I join in if anyone drops out?

KrackerPacker
KrackerPacker
144 posts
Nomad

how many games do we play in the first round?

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

It is a Best of 5. Rember you need to have Me Bank or G23 to record your games for them to be valid. Well you just need to record your games, I think.

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

so, we can only play if BOTH contestants are on the same server (obvious) and only if a judge is on, right? if thats right then it will be a bit hard, just to say

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

exxxxxacta..... either yos will have to CUT ALL ties with the outside world, he takes on more assistants/judges/recorders watever, orrrr each and every contestant will have to be extremeeeeely organized... setting organized matches that mesh wit not 1 not 2 but 3 people in up to 3 different time zones.... good luck yoshi.

MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

yes weatherdog. I have tried to point this out already :/

MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

Unless every player is super active, including the judges, the contest will lose a lot of momentum. But I do wish everyone the best of luck.

I have never even seen my opponent in my life. Oh well.

tdh
tdh
3 posts
Nomad

Can you give me the exact username of my opponent "SPECIALIZED KILLER" so I can add him to my friend list. Never seen him before.

A few comments/suggestions/questions

1. When will the game mode be changed from NORMAL to something else?
I suggest either round of 8 or Final Four.

2. I strongly suggest not playing DOGFIGHT and EQ as there is very little strategy for these modes, and EQ is heavily influenced by right-vs-left field advantage.

3. When game mode does change, how is it determined?
Assuming that DF and EQ are not used, there are still NORMAL, CW, LOWTECH & SS left, which is a lot of builds to get ready for. How much advanced notice do we have of knowing what mode will be used? Does it apply to all games in a match, or does mode change from game to game?

4. I recommend alternating left and right sides so that left-vs-right field advantage does not determine the outcome. If the right side always win after the maximum number of games then perhaps the match should require winning by 2 so that the winner is not decided by being on the right side.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

tdh SpecializedKiller is also uSaF0RC3uSa.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I will be able to record later on today. 5pm-whenever I fall asleep (EST).

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

Why are you clicking Yos?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

EQ is heavily influenced by right-vs-left field advantage.

Wait there is an advantage?
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Some people say that one of the sides can dodge incoming fire. This is actaully false. They do get hit but it is not showed to the players.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Well I am sorry certain events took place today that kept me from recording games, until now. I will be online in 10 minutes to do games.

MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

It is not false and it is more complicated than "dodging". It wouldn't hurt to have side-switching + tiebreaker.

Showing 151-165 of 352