ForumsNews and Feedback[planned feature] Add Movie-Like Ratings to Games

18 6911
yoyo12345
yoyo12345
25 posts
Nomad

I was wondering (and other people may want this also) is that some games are not suitable for certain ages, so could u please put age warnings on your games? (eg, all ages, tween, teen, adult). This would be very helpful and I don't think it would hurt anybody. Thank you. If you agree or disagree, could you please write a comment below?

• 18 Replies
WinteryTrance
WinteryTrance
58 posts
Nomad

Perhaps administrators should do a public demographics survey on this site to determine the approximate average age of mainstream users and then implement proper internal controls as they see fit that are appropriate in order to prevent and deter such controversial incidents from ever happening in the first place and document the procedure for future reference.

Off-topic: Personally I feel big box electronic stores should withhold sale of 17+ or other mature-rated games to underaged customers on a case-by-case basis because the ratings are there for a reason and is not to be by-passed by any means. However, there would be too much loss in potential revenue for the retail industry if such controls were put in place or they would have enforced the ratings a long time ago. It simply illustrates that fact that other meaningful objective seem non-existent when profit is the main issue.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i think ratings are pointless and if under 13's want to play games without an account, it's fine, as long as their parents let them. if they play a gory game, it's their problem they didn't realize that the site's 13+. and it probably won't hurt them that bad. there's like 6 year-olds playing COD. and that's 17+! (even though i don't think it's bad if a 13 year-old plays COD, even if i don't.) if there were ratings, it would just add a pointless addition to the games. all the points about why there shouldn't be ratings make much more sense then the ones for ratings.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We have Federal laws to follow with regards to our users (what we can store about them, how we advertise to them, etc), which is why we actively disable any accounts when we find out someone is under age.

We've talked about a rating system where we can have things like animated blood, fantasy violence, zombies, weapons, etc., and may in the future enable a parental control password so users can't play games with certain elements. As a parent myself to two little boys, I'd personally love the means to protect them from things they're not ready for.

Showing 16-18 of 18