ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 156865
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No. The Tesla-barrel is named such because of its multiple barrels. Titanium could easily withstand the heat but it has the same bending properties of aluminum. Also, the Tesla-barrel would, unless otherwise, be a very large cannon to be mounted on ships or stationary on land.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

You contradict yourself now. You stated we had extra barrels so as one would not melt. If we used reinforced titanium, it would be wasteful to have multiple barrels. Either
A) Work out kinks and make it fire rapidly, which it should be capable of doing.

B) Create more.

Choose one.

Also, the Tesla-barrel would, unless otherwise, be a very large cannon to be mounted on ships or stationary on land.
\\
This is essentially what a rail gun is, except that the rail guns launches a projectile.

For some reason my point isn't getting across... We don't need a transformed minigun!
We just need a source of electricity output, in this case a Tesla coil. If you could alter a single coil to possibly aim or control with high accuracy, we don't even need a form of launcher and/or gun.

With this coil, you could either send out consistent electricity to fry the enemy, or send bolts at objects, obliterating them.
I see no use once so ever for a gun/cannon, when your aren't shooting a projectile, just electricity (which it appears from all your posts).

Or if just so desired, just make a cannon with a single barrel, as i have been stating oh so many times.

Want multiple barrels? So be it, just make them worthwhile. Let the cannon shoot out of every barrel on bombardment missions, not to switch out because of overheating.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Hmmmm. fine. Minigun it is. Titanium reenforced barrels, although the original Tesla-barrel did fire rapidly, so no need to change that. but when this gun is used, the only people who should be around are Electrasters, otherwise men with normal guns would become shishkabab.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Maybe it could be used as an aerial weapon. like artifical lightning.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Interesting... But a Tesla attached to an aircraft could be alter the electronics rendering it a suicide run for the fellow soldiers running the operation.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Possibly. but you would need to use plastic or insulated craft, otherwise its self-destruct. it would work well as AA though.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No. a magnifying glass is. also, wrong topic.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Maybe it could be used as an aerial weapon. like artifical lightning.

controlling the direction of lightning can be very difficult.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I thought it would work for a large group of people. so it would be bound to hit a few people. as long as the terrian is flat.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

YES! that is the main power of the Tesla-barrel. Long range and wide range hits, designed to cut down enemies fast and efficiently.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

also, wrong topic.

Not even Master, all things science related are welcome, in case you didn't read my OP. Doesn't matter if you are discussing weaponry with someone else, it is General, not Specific discussion ^^

If you flew over a targeted location with electricity constantly streaming down, it could become very effective. Or maybe a tesla bomb? Drop a ravaging Tesla coil into the targeted location and it would surely wreak havoc.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Ha ha ha! Now your talking! Due to mans dependency on metal, it will wreck havoc! but how to do it is the question... The electronics could be damaged and its hard to keep a power source in a bomb.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

So it's not a specific discussion, just about science?

Have we ever kept a specific scientific topic? No, but we have had some larger debates.

Update time I suppose!;O

~~~Contents of the Science~~~
Page 1..................The Beginning to Our Light Speed Topic
Page 2..................Artificial Life
Page 3..................Red/Blue Shift
Pages 4-12..............Light Speed and its Complications
Pages 12-15.............Time Dilation and Time Travel
Pages 15-18.............The Universe
Pages 18-26.............Alien Life & Stem Cell vs. Religion
Page 26.................Brief On Asthma and Our Moronic Diagnoses
Pages 26-31.............Energy Sources
Pages 32-33.............The Universe -Again-
Pages 33-35.............Stem Cells and Regeneration
Pages 36-37.............Asthma
Page 38.................Stem Cell
Page 39.................Nothing Important... At All...
Pages 40-42.............Magnetism
Pages 42-48.............Weaponry on All Sorts of Topics and Devices to Redirect Asteroids
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Now I want everybody in the world to blow. It would end badly, but it would be epic.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Why not, hmmm? ever heard of the Tesla-barrel?

Showing 436-450 of 1019