ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 156706
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Notice the one rank that doesn't fit?

OoOoh I see it, so close to all golden!

Darwinian evolution by weeding out the dumb and malformed

Dumb, perhaps, but special is cruelty.

Just say, burn the idiots for every *extremely* idiotic ordeal. Kind of like the shock collar... Pain leads to sense ;O

America probably won't want me as their President... lol JK, I'm not that mean...
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

One more gold post and this is a gold page.

I would vote for any man that would take away all the idiotic warning labels.
Think that that would be enough to enact survival of the fittest?

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, as my gym teacher says: The smart thrive and the idiots die.

Sometimes I just can't stand sheer moronism, yes, morons have their own belief in my book: live to annoy the heck out of people with pathetic statements and to hold the world back.

I guess not everyone is perfect... But people sure can become at least average...

Anyhow, back to science... We should invent some kind of stimulator to stimulate brain function

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I think small electrodes are being tested for that and in the past they used big electrodes. Maybe we should just make a blinky helmet with electrodes in it?

ALL GOLD

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Maybe we don't need electrodes. Maybe their is a subconscious trigger to brain stimulation...

Give dunce hats that connect to the nerves off all the [normally functioning] idiots, then let psychology and pain work its magic.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Perhaps a blinky helmet that emits Alpha wave frequency to stimulate calm brain function. Calmness=less stupidity=more intellegence=happy us.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Calming them wouldn't necessarily make them more intelligent. While under stress and anger you are much more idiotic, it isn't like morons are hyper. They are just, idiotic. While some may be due to rapid brain activity, I think most are just... moronic...

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

It would help, however.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Yes, it may help, but it wouldn't solve the problem as a whole...

I think a shock collar would work marvels. Maybe inhumane to the other side, but you do it to dogs, hypocrites....

It would tame morons to act smarter... Then we don't have to worry about nuclear war, or some other idiotic crap.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

One step must be taken in the path to enlightenment before the realization it brought forth.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Very much true dragon. People often look at science with disgust or rude criticism for every idea.

It's ironic how they don't like our ways, and then we save their lives thanks to our research into the fields they are so disgusted in.

One would think that after so many times, that hey would get it.
Same goes for moronism I suppose... Look at us, discussing how to make people smarter; look at the actual research into the neurology field... Yet people don't see the light; they see nothing but eternal nothingness.

Speaking of neurology, I briefly read an article fro ma Popualr Science i think it was, on video games eleiminating nightmares, or something along those lines.

Oh look, diehard video game opposition, they can alter your dreams for the better...

An endless cycle? I think it just might be...

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I need to play more Reach. Mage's harllequin fetus is still giving me nightmares.......

Hypocracy shall always exist and those that say otherwise prove themselves wrong.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I say we teach the public about Darwinian evolution by weeding out the dumb and malformed, not by concentration camps and mass "cleansing" of the populace, but by not giving them every little thing they ask for. Hot coffee is hot, if you don't know that, YOU DESERVE TO BE BURNED!!!

There are many factors besides genetics that results in stupidity. Quite often it's more ignorance then stupidity as well.

"Common sense is not so common."-Voltaire

Anyway how about getting things back on track some. How about the development of arcologies?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology

Even a small one could increase the population an area can support by two or the times. This would greatly help the planet support a higher human population.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

The thing I love is the astronomy. I love observing the stars, the planets. I read books about it and I want to do it my job later.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Another top ten future weapons list.
http://hight3ch.com/top-10-future-weapons/

Showing 541-555 of 1019