ForumsNews and Feedbackmy crazy stupid new idea for achievements

26 7703
duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

ok besides being addicted to armor games i also play kongregate from time to time (no i'm not trying to promote kongregate) and they have a pretty nice achievement system where you can earn in game achievements for say beating the game, or doing certain things so then to get points and achivements you can't just go in and rate and comment on a game you actually play the game. it's alot of fun. and if armor games says that they don't want to do it i respect that =D

• 26 Replies
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Did I really just type "exited"?

*excited*

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Don't think I'm allowed to really say too much yet about what we've got planned, but let's just say that the game play page you're on might, um, change ... if you get an achievement in the game.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

but let's just say that the game play page you're on might, um, change ... if you get an achievement in the game.

I have mixed emotions right now. /p(

But by all means, don't say to much. I believe we all want the achievement system to be a nice suprise once it get's put in post-launch, if I remeber correctly.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Some of the achievement system will be there at launch. We'll probably expand on ideas post-launch.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

You guy alwasy miss the origanail conversations... non of this is news even the:

on't think I'm allowed to really say too much yet about what we've got planned, but let's just say that the game play page you're on might, um, change.. if you get a[i]n achievement in the game

I geuss the just starting stages where more open. But I geuss I shoun't share any of that... or is it ok cormyn? But it is awsome that you will get pionts for being a good boy/girl (lol), and skill! No more spam kings! And that is something that. I have never found in a game or midia site.

But about the achevment to site stuff, It does depend on the game but. All the non sol (local file saves (on your computer)) like exit path and such armor games can easly acsess the data on the site but for sol if it is a data file they should be able to read the varibles and such that where saved last so if you got a milloin pionts it can read it and vala you got the achement. Now if there are bugs and such they can contact the creater of the game and he/she can fix it and uplaod the new achevmentable version. Or something like that. But I am not completle sher as I have not studyed that a lot( I need to) but hope that helped!
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

You guy alwasy miss the origanail conversations...

and, uh, what conversation was that? lol, jk.

I play Kongregate, as well (i aint comercialing Kong, either), and i like the idea of getting points for playing games, but instead of it just playing games, how about, i don't know, completing the game, making it halfway, and starting the game? like, AG could put a monitor or something to tell you how much progress you have made in the game, like a heart monitor does for your heart rate, or such?
sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

When that happens there would probably be something like 1 point for playing the game and 3 for beating the game. I

agmisabeast
agmisabeast
56 posts
Nomad

yeah, i like how kongregate does that, but i don't think AG would do it because it might look like copying. i don't know.

Yeah, kinda like the trophies/achievements thing with x-box 360 and ps3
europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

When that happens there would probably be something like 1 point for playing the game and 3 for beating the game.

I hope this does happen becuase most people on here probably just go through and randomly rate games and say random things just to get points.
jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

no because then it would be hard to get points its easier to just rate games and get 2 points and alot of gaming systems do that like the 360

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

no because then it would be hard to get points its easier to just rate games and get 2 points

Jets99, please check out the sticky post on points.

Back on topic, please.
Showing 16-26 of 26