ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130846
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

A Clan submitting and searching tool would be great. Like, submit your clan to the site, and people could search and join clans, and a section of the profile pages about the clans.

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

I think that the clans should just have a simple Owner, mod, member and guest status

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

maybe if the achievement thing comes in, a gallery for the clan? say all the best achievements for that clan, not just a specific person

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, if people create clans to see who can have the most achievements then I think it'd be a good idea, otherwise I think it'd be taking up space. There will be clans out there solely focused on one game, so they wouldn't have many achievements if all they do is play one game, or even a few.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

join my group its on my page and its a bout pokemon

gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

I don't think we should have clans,it's not that it's bad idea,but it just get wayyyyyyyyyy to complicated.And what's the point of clans anyway.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

well clans can be fun

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't think we should have clans,it's not that it's bad idea,but it just get wayyyyyyyyyy to complicated.

Doesn't sound complicated to me. Having a page dedicated to clans on Armor Games showing all the clans or something along the lines of that and people creating them sounds kind of easy.
And what's the point of clans anyway.

Obviously to have fun and to be more organized if you want to make a group for multiplayer games.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

And what's the point of clans anyway.

Having a clan would be fun because you would have someone to talk to that you could easily relate to.

Also, could they implement a chat room sorta thing into the clan, so all members could chat together when ever they are online at the same time?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

As I said in the live chat thread having private chat rooms wouldn't end up well since you'll have people who'll intentionally ruin it for others. The admins will probably make all chats public but with private chat features, like you can click on a person's name and hold a private conversation with them. Otherwise it'd be better for a clan/group to make an offsite chat using Xat or TinyChat.

Shallen11
Shallen11
2 posts
Nomad

I think that this is a excellent idea. I would love for this idea to come alive. It would be great to add a clan chat to this idea so they can discuss events. Nice job, you came up with clan ranks and clan forums idea by the way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't think they'd make clan based chats. What they want with the live chats in AG3 is for everyone to be able to join. Things like that are better for offsite chats like Xat or TinyChat, and you don't have to worry about things while there either, it's your rules and such.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

With clans, would there be set sort of ranks in the clan or would people be able to make it up as they want?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Cormyn made this post on the first page, and it should answer your question:
We'll definitely make a note about having a clan/group leader, one or more sub-leaders, and possibly ranks within the group. Ideally, we'd also allow posting rights based on rank, or whatever. We could make groups invite-only or "anyone can join" etc.

Rhidian
Rhidian
68 posts
Nomad

I certainly think that clans would be an Excellent Idea.

It would be very fun to see different clans on Armorgames.

There are both pros and cons of this...

Some pros would be:
-More Challenging
-Much more interesting to have clans (My Opinion)

Some Cons are:
-Rivalries: Things can get very tense between clans, and it could lead to use of harsh words, and perhaps some people leaving armorgames

Overall, I think Clans would be a great idea though...

Cheers,
-Rhi

Showing 151-165 of 322