Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 3:55pm

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

I think I'll take Bad Company here. I think there are some songs by the other groups that I love more than what I love by Bad Company. However, Bad Company has an overall sound that makes it so I can listen to probably anything by them and not get turned off.

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 4:38pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,794 posts

you get two votes on this years classic rock bands world cup.

3 points for your first vote, 1 point for your second

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 6:55pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,350 posts

@ ilberic : Hey man! Thanx for checking in with the 'CRBWC'! And thanx for your vote, allthough you might want to add the second choice too, since you have two choices this year like 'delossantosj' explained...
If you add them with a second post, I'll count that one for you too! =)

As for the score roundup... man... U2 is really making a gap between them and the other contestants!!! To ensure the excitement for the runner up spot, I might prolongue this battle, but it's still really early within the 14 day period, so we'll see what it gives when the moment comes...

I'll post my own personal choice for this group as well, since I simply can't resist the temptation to vote for my personal favorites... =P

My first choice is Def Leppard! They have such a wide variety in songs, both rock and ballads, which they simply continue to produce over decades! I started listening in the 80's, with the song Animal as intoduction to them, and I never stopped! They make my day whenever one of their songs is on!
My second choice is Rainbow! A vastly underrated band from the classic rock age, that had a extremely talented guitar player as their founder -Ritchie Blackmore- and a legendary lead singer... Ronnie James Dio! May he rest in piece... Their songs I Surrender and Since You've Been Gone marked a definite point in my life where classic rock became my alltime favorite music genre! I feel like a 'Man on the silver mountain' whenever they are on! =)

# Votes counted in Group C :#

U2__________: 20 (3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3)
Bad Company_: 6 (3+3)
Def Leppard_: 5 (1+1+3)
Rainbow_____: 4 (3+1)
Whitesnake__: 3 (1+1+1)
The Cult____: 1 (1)
Status Quo__: 0 (-)

The main question for this group will probably be: "Who's going to be the runner up here?!" U2 is likely to win this one, but everything's possible for the second place! Keep them votes coming in people!!! =D

Posted Apr 18, '11 at 8:44am

DutchFrog

DutchFrog

26 posts

First Vote:Whitesnake.They have a lot of great songs and they made that great song that I forgot the name of.
Second Vote:U2.They have tons of awesome songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday,With or Without You,I Will Follow,and Beautiful Day.

Posted Apr 18, '11 at 11:08am

DustyLee

DustyLee

218 posts

what about kansas? there are a really good band

Posted Apr 18, '11 at 12:15pm

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Ok then, for my second vote, I'll pick Def Leppard. It was close between them and U2, but U2 has way too many songs that irritate me while Def Leppard's non-favorite songs merely bore me. The rest of the groups i could take or leave.

Posted Apr 18, '11 at 4:18pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

535 posts

what about kansas? there are a really good band

Be patient, they will probably show up!

Posted Apr 19, '11 at 6:51pm

greethan

greethan

125 posts

Pick #1: U2: Coem on, nothing to argue about. They are the band most consistent with their exceptional releases. Joshua Tree, Pop[i/],[i] How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and No Line on the Horizon are great.
#2 Is Def Leppard. Pour some sugar on me and photograph are two of the greatest rock songs ever.

Posted Apr 20, '11 at 5:20am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,350 posts

@ DustyLee : I know what you mean and I had them in consideration for being featured in last year's edition, but because they didn't seem popular enough, I didn't enter them into the competition... same for this year! But maybe I'll enter them in next year's edition! Just make sure you add them in the suggestions list at the end of this year's edition of the 'CRBWC', ok?

Time for another score roundup! And U2 is even making a bigger gap to the rest! O.O
Just hope that there are some users out there that like the other bands more, because it's becoming a one-way-voting-streak for U2 at the moment... not good for the competition to be honest! =/

# Votes counted in Group C :#

U2__________: 24 (3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3+1+3)
Def Leppard_: 7 (1+1+3+1+1)
Bad Company_: 6 (3+3)
Whitesnake__: 6 (1+1+1+3)
Rainbow_____: 4 (3+1)
The Cult____: 1 (1)
Status Quo__: 0 (-)

Any of 4 bands can still make it as the runner up in this group before closure... only depends on whether U2 will get the 2 first choices quickly to how long this battle for second place will continue... =)

Posted Apr 20, '11 at 3:01pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,306 posts

Knight

Rainbow would have merited at least half of the votes given to U2....