ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1393759
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

wasn't that a star trek episode?

Er was it? I don't want to be infringing on copyrights here.

I'd want that counter. I've been pestering my overly-christian friends about that for years.
greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

"WTF?????"-Every sane Person on this Site.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I've always thought about that though, how do we know that our memories are accurate?

Memories often aren't accurate, this is why personal testimony is often invalid and why we rely on objective evidence to determine reality.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

"Pie is yummy" Cinna.

That'll be a quote some day, trust me.

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

"Now... what y'all wanna do?
Wanna be ballers? Shot callers?"
-P Diddy

THATZ A QUOTE!

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

No, it is a logical flow.
You are told god is dead by nietzche
you are told nietzche is dead by god
therefore, logically, since they are both dead, they both must be the same thing.

Unfortunately, this isn't a syllogism...
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

OMG I knew this was going to happen! It all makes sense now! Jesus must of have given me divine powers! To me! I am the chosen one! I can feel it!! I know it!

No atheists

You can't stop us, but we are stopping you.

not for atheists to come and flame Jesus.

Flaming Jesus on a BBQ.

argue with any of you because all I will get is arguments back or denial of the proof that I give you,

Well obviously you will be argued back. I mean that's what the point of WEPR is. And your &quotroof" doesn't hold ground, because your going all emotional, thus blocking you from reality.
this is a prime example of your closed- mindedness

Epic face-palm.

I think you're thinking too much about everything.

That doesn't sound like an insult in any way, shape or form. Or at-least something negative.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Not how the hell did we get to condoms?? I'm laughing right now, I leave for an hour or two and this is my reward? Lol, that made my day. All in all, I got some reading to do!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Brain in a vat seems much more likely.

If nothing really exists except for the self, and everything else is just an extension there of, then I must be God.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Lolo that post was a freaking waste of time.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

therefore, logically, since they are both dead, they both must be the same thing.
Fallacy of equivocation. "X is Y, and Z is Y, ergo X is Z!" is non sequitur. Them both being dead does not make them the same thing. Logically.

Should I draw you a Venn diagram, or are you good now?
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Dude I get WEPR from the gas station all the time. My GF demands it.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Ronald McDonald pic = debate win? I should have thought of that.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Dude I'm all for mass producing the Eucharist as "Jesus Flakes"; Real Jesus in every bite!

May contain artificial preservatives.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

if you are an atheist what is your goal here?

Showing 361-375 of 4668