ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1392702
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

..Is childish and quarrelsome. Seriously, "no it isn't" and all ofyour other meaningless squaking means noting except that you are covering your ears and shout out loud noise to avoid hearing me. And don't turn this around and say that I'm doing that 'cause I'm not. I can't be. You are saying nothing and you are showing me nothing but absolute and total crap!

Please, be curtous even when you debate such sensitive topics. Ad hominems will not make you more believable, and for the moment the only one shouting around without giving evidence is you. If you want to debate evolution, be welcome to visit the related thread in this section. It'll do you good, as judging from your posts it seem that your view of what evolution is and implies is not quite correct.

Now for the people you call "confused", you're just being harsh. Many people believe that god created the world and is using evolution as a mechanism to shape the living world. There' nothing confused about that, it's just trying to conciliate ones belief with the evidence a thand.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Pang, you must give reasons why you say what you do.

Alright then, I'll hold your hand through each part.

"How can you accept the theory of gravity without accepting the germ theory".

This was undermining the logic that abiogenesis is a necessary part of evolution and that without one you can't have the other. They are unrelated, for evolution cares not for how life came about.

And pray tell, how is said person a "confused person"?
'

Here I am asking you a question, so that you can explain what your jab about people that accept evolution meant so that I can discuss it further.

No it isn't

It's hardly an extreme exaggeration of adaption when the adaptive process takes quite a long time, to say the least. In fact, part of evolution is straight up adaption.

So, in other words, you accept micro-evolution but not macro-evolution? That'd be like saying "yeah inches exist, but not yards".
The only difference between them is the amount of time.

This was asking if you accepted the micro level and denied the macro level, and then explaining how they are really one in the same, with the only difference being the amount of time present.

Exactly...and evolution explains that.

This was agreeing with how Whales can't adapt to Geese. Evolution explains that.
Evolution also explains how they have a common ancestor, which we would have to look back quite a while ago to find said ancestor.

Also, I advise moving this evolution talk to the evolution thread.

Here I am advising you to take this to the proper thread, as we are currently off-topic.

"no it isn't" and all ofyour other meaningless squaking means noting except that you are covering your ears and shout out loud noise to avoid hearing me

Hardly, I was carrying a discussion with you.

-----

So now that it is all cleared up, we may continue the conversation.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Alright then, I'll hold your hand through each part.

No, don't do that. Just explain your ideas just like everybody else with a functioning mind can do instead of posting brief argumentative retorts. Ok?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Which I did. The conversation is awaiting your response.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Alright then. The whole idea that animals/people can evolve into entirely different animals ignores that a given animal's DNA doesn't hold the genetic information to create anything other than another one of that kind of animal. Also, no one has yet seen the so called missing link that would give evolution some credit. A few pig bones found in Africa do not provide evidence of a missing link.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11270774/evolution/page/10#post-12254643]Continuing discussion here[url]

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Some information for the next time you hear someone say how the Bible is unchanging.
Bible Hunters - Do you believe the the Bible is the inerrant unchanging word of God?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Some information for the next time you hear someone say how the Bible is unchanging.
Bible Hunters - Do you believe the the Bible is the inerrant unchanging word of God?

I think the significance of the passage is even more profound. The fact that he was not present in this scene tells us that he is recounting second-hand information from someone who was, but if "they told no one" is all he has to say (odd, because finding someone come back from the grave seems like something one should not omit), who could have told him about the grave scene? This whole thing reeks of a third-person omniscient narration.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

That far side cartoon... you do understand that it is implying that god created evil for his own amusement?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I think the significance of the passage is even more profound. The fact that he was not present in this scene tells us that he is recounting second-hand information from someone who was, but if "they told no one" is all he has to say (odd, because finding someone come back from the grave seems like something one should not omit), who could have told him about the grave scene? This whole thing reeks of a third-person omniscient narration.

Another explanation is that it was a completely made up story. We can pull parallels from earlier fictional stories that would suggest this as well.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Another explanation is that it was a completely made up story. We can pull parallels from earlier fictional stories that would suggest this as well.

That sort of was my explanation, but whatever. As a preemptive measure, I'd like to point out now that there is no way to verify that the Quran and its interpretation have not changed, either.
amalager
amalager
27 posts
Nomad

Hmmm. Interesting read. A bit long though. IMO, you need religion to tell you to be nice to others. Just respect what others believe in.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Hmmm. Interesting read. A bit long though. IMO, you need religion to tell you to be nice to others. Just respect what others believe in.

Do you mean that religion needs to tell us to be nice, or that we need religion in order to be nice? If the latter, I advise you to start reading here.
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

You do not need religion to tell you to be nice to others. Be nice to others. I just told you to be nice to others and I am not a religion, therefore you do not need religion to tell you to be nice to others. Unless if up until now you were in a position were none besides religion could tell you to be nice to others, in which you were correct.
Showing 4546-4560 of 4668