ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 484465
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

Ya know what sucks? Being socially awkward and not being able to talk to girls :'(

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Reddash:

1) Nothing is wrong with garages. They're actually pretty cool, since you can push a button to open the door, and air out the entire thing in about 5 minutes. And so long as you both are having fun, it's largely irrelevant where you hang out: movies, beach, museum, farmer's market, art supply store, etc.

2) Bro, you just got used. It would seem she was never over this Cody fellow, and you were a convient way to get emotional fulfillment as well as potentially show her ex that she had moved on, even if she hadn't. Ex gets jealous, expresses this to the girl, and presto. Best you can do is move on. Hang out with your friends, get a hobby, whatever. And I would largely treat her like you would anyone else. Don't be a callous d*ck, and be perfectly cordial whenever you interact with her. This will do three things: Make her realize what a mistake she made, leaving such a nice guy; Let everyone else, especially all the other ladies out there, know that you're a nice guy and can handle this sort of thing maturely; form good habits for the future, and that wonderful time when nice guys finish first, for once.

I'd tell you to be a Southern Gentleman, but I don't know how relevant that is to you.

Reddash
Reddash
76 posts
Scribe

Maverick, I Thank you. And I've been trying, it's just rough you know? plus it sucks a little extra 'cause now I get to see "this Cody fellow" every morning while we wait for the bus.(While they make out)
And I just now realized you commented on my birthday!(yeah, she broke up with me exactly one week from my birthday)

And although I Live in Wisconsin My family(on my mom's side) Came from Mississippi, so it is rather relevant

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Anyone know how to get someone to hurry up and make a Skype without sounding too pushy?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

@daleks
"Can you get a skype soon?"
Add teasing and/or slight flirting if you're comfortable, I.e
"Hey, I really miss you, can we skype?" Or whatever...

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

That is pretty much what I have done pick, but it has been weeks now! If I get too pushy my plan will not work. Plus I just have to wait on my patience. But if I am too patient it might be too late by then. *Starts hyperventilating * O god! I am caught between a rock and a hard place. This will never work out. *Breaks down*

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

"Yo b*tch lemme get yo skype right now."

Just.... I dunno add teasing. Like say you want her to hurry but I a someone what joking way that can be taken slightly seriously. That doesn't make sense...
"You took too long to make a Skype, I died. RIP" or something.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Eh, it's all good.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

May i suggest black mailing? Work like magic.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

May i suggest black mailing? Work like magic.

While I do love a good blackmail, she finally got around to making one. So there isn't a problem anymore.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Daleks, y u o open your comments?! \\\\ (·\\ ,_ /Â&middot

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Because he leaves forever every few months or so. Then he comes back after a few weeks.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think we need to have a discussion with daleks about his Relationship with AG

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

So I'm in college now, which means I'm surrounded by thousands of girls around my age every day. Naturally, after three months, it's almost inevitable that there'd be one that I'd have some desire to be more than friends with.

As it turns out, there is such a person, and I think there might be the slight possibility that she may have some hint of a vaguely similar desire. But if there wasn't some kind of problem here, I wouldn't have posted anything in the thread, but this is such a major obstacle that it deserves it's own line, isolated from both this block of text and that which follows it:

I've never successfully asked a girl out.

Yes, you heard me correctly. If you recall from earlier pages, I have had girlfriends before. Your guess is as good as mine how that happened. I didn't ask any of them out. It just happened. However, with this new girl, I can tell I'll have to approach the situation in the more conventional way, as, at least as far as I can tell, she isn't desperate, clingy, or just plain strange. I came close to closing the deal about a week ago--details on the story only by request--but the music was too loud and I basically blew that chance.

I want to ask this girl out. The problem I face is, I have no idea how or when to do it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I want to ask this girl out. The problem I face is, I have no idea how or when to do it.

You just have to ask her (do it when you two are alone / not next to anyone). Don't overthink it and be confident, ask her to do something on Friday or Saturday (weekends are usually best). Movie and dinner, etc. At the close of the conversation you can say something like "it's a date, see you then" or nothing. She should know it's a date without you outright saying it.
Showing 1981-1995 of 2106