Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 8:37pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

If one day, for whatever reason, your significant other had magically morphed into someone of the opposite gender, but was still the same person on the inside, would you still feel the same way about them?

No. I'm a biological unit after all, and my other head still thinks independently too.

That only works if your prospective partner is actually interested. I suppose in the context of meeting random people with no other information you do have to play your cards close to your chest at first.

Up to you to step up your game and charm then. XD

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 8:47pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

If one day, for whatever reason, your significant other had magically morphed into someone of the opposite gender, but was still the same person on the inside, would you still feel the same way about them?

That would be pretty awkward. In this case, two heads would not be better than one.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 9:52pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I was going to chide skulltivator for that terrible double entendre, then I realised that Nicho was responsible for it.

Oh, Nicho.

That requires consideration of a few contingencies. If it were someone of the opposite gender, that would mean changed body, but does that also mean scent, behaviour, feelings... etc.

People are a package deal, at least I'm pretty wholistic about it so if somebody I knew changed then obviously so too would my feelings about them. And in this particular case yes that would put a real spoke in the wheel when it came to sex, though maybe my bisexual friends might offer you a different opinion.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:01pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

Here's dating advice from a 20-year-old guy with a long history of failed relationships: Use a British accent. Chicks dig British accents. I plan to use a British accent the next time I introduce myself to an attractive female.

Are there any females here that would care to comment on British accents?

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:07pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

I was going to chide skulltivator for that terrible double entendre, then I realised that Nicho was responsible for it.

Oh, Nicho.

Oh Strop.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:10pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

Will that pose a problem?

As long as I get a chance to see her.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:13pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

Worse come to worse, just text her, though that's just....I dk.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

I plan to use a British accent the next time I introduce myself to an attractive female.

And what happens if you 2 really hit it off? Just continue with it for as long as the relationship lasts? haha

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 11:15pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

Worse come to worse, just text her, though that's just....I dk.

Texting her would be my last resort. If I do not see her I will try calling her and asking her over the phone. If I cannot get a good time to call her then I will text her.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 11:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

And what happens if you 2 really hit it off? Just continue with it for as long as the relationship lasts? haha

Why not? I can always try. Then later on she'll be like "what happened to your accent?" and I can say "I was faking it because I like British accents" and she'll say "aw that's too bad, I loved it because you sounded like One Direction" and then I punch her in the head.

So...maybe a British accent isn't the way to go.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!