General Relationship Thread

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 2:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

None of us do!

Speak for yourself =p

it's just out of my comfort zone.

Sal has a secret that pertains to this thread!
There..now we make it in your comfort zone

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 9:47pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

If you aren't shy, then all you have to do is talk a lot.

I do talk a lot. I have for years. Still no real friends. Even the people who I talk to have no interest in hanging out with me. High school is just a terrible place. I'm no longer bothered by it, though. I'll be out of this hellhole for good in two months.

However, one problem I have been having ever since I ended my text-based relationship is loneliness, but due to me still being in high school, my efforts in finding suitable female companionship have not been successful.

Any suggestions?

Posted Apr 4, '13 at 12:26am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

I do talk a lot. I have for years. Still no real friends. Even the people who I talk to have no interest in hanging out with me

No offense intended, but talking too much is not a guarantee of friendship... Some people might be bored with never ending chatter. (Not targeting you Terry, just trying clarify that blabbing is not always a cure.)

Posted Apr 4, '13 at 4:00am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Are you interested in other people, or are you interested in other people being interested in you?

Posted Apr 4, '13 at 4:33pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

No offense intended, but talking too much is not a guarantee of friendship...

I don't talk too much, and it's not like I spend much of that time if any talking about myself. I've seen people who never know when to end a conversation and just keep talking even when I try to walk away. It's not a fun experience.

Are you interested in other people, or are you interested in other people being interested in you?

Both.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 9:30am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I didn't really find any real friends until I was well out of high school. A psychology major tells me part of the reason is that male empathetic development comes later in life. I also had a remarkably delayed social development to boot.

Then again high school is a time where people are still struggling to assert their identity... it's a matter of how open people are to revealing this process.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 4:50pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

Why`s that Sal? This thread is just as important as any other. Back me up Ace.

Wait...was that my cue?
This thread is important, because without it, I would still be single....
Technically be single. I'm married on FB, which is, as all of you know, a huge deal. I apparently missed the wedding. ;-;

Any suggestions?

Be yourself? Unless...you're not a Cool-Cat with an Obey snapback, iPhone 5, Beats, Osiris shoes, #IGotSwag Shirt, low jeans with your fancy brand boxers showing, and only one ear piercing.
That's what's considered a Kool-Kat around these parts.

Seriously....be yourself. And trust me, sometimes what you wanted all along, is not what you needed. You may say you want the ladies, but sometimes, I wish I was all lonely again.

There..now we make it in your comfort zone

We don't judge anyone, right everyone?

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 12:09am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

low jeans with your fancy brand boxers showing, and only one ear piercing.
That's what's considered a Kool-Kat around these parts.

I like how progressive things are, that's actually really cool. I thought low jeans was derived from prison slacks to indicate that you were a bottom and available for "service", and that one ear piercing was related to the rumoured "secret gay handshake". Yeah, now these things have been appropriated it's like a form of widespread tolerance and acceptance, that's very cool indeed.

The Beats however, they need to go.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 11:46pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I apparently missed the wedding. ;-;

Heh, it wasn't the first time that happened between a couple...

*cough*

Anyways, the prom was last night. Unfortunately, I didn't get to ask that one girl because it was a little late to ask and planning around it would be difficult(I forget where I mentioned this last, so in case you're new to the situation, I was considering asking a girl to prom, basically). However, there were four co-operative dances during the long dance session - two slow dances and two swing dances. I think I ended up slow dancing with her twice and swinging her once. I'd say that was a successful night, if I do say so myself.

I'm not sure how much we'll see each other in a month, though. Our co-op ends at the late of the month, and in two months I graduate... Garr. I'm not really sure what to do, or if she is even interested in anything past friendship at this point. I hate to sit around, though.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 11:52pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

*Looks around to make sure no one's looking*

"Cool... All clear."

*Sneaks into the GRT again*

I hate to sit around, though.

No, don't do that. No, no, no, no, no. That's the worst thing you could possibly do. No, no, no, no, no. Ask her! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. But don't ask her at a bad time. No, no, no, no, no. Good luck! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

*Vanishes into the night*

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!