ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 484373
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well im a girl and yno, chatting is good but it needs to be more, i think guys can take it quite seriously

Was this directed to me? If not..then this is quite a random post

Anyways..let's pretend it is to me. A few, quick points as to what happened during the day that are "more" than the chatting
-I suggested to her that if she wanted to spend her time with her friends, to just let me know and I will go find my friends. Her response was telling me that she enjoyed my hanging out with her (paraphrasing)
-When we went on the first roller-coaster (which also happened to be my first time on a roller-coaster with loops of any kind), during a loop I, out of reflex, reached for her hand..in which her response was grabbing and holding onto my hand
-After we ate at a restaurant in the place, she became a bit tired and laid her head on my shoulder (now..if we had known each other for some time before this..I wouldn't have thought so much of it. But keep in mind, we met each other that day)
-Walking under an umbrella together
-When we were getting into one roller-coaster..her good friend was going to sit with her..but she asked if she could sit with me instead
-Sat with her on the bus on the way back..she asked what happened to my friend that I was sitting with on the way there..and I asked if she wanted me to sit with my friend instead, in which the response was her kind of looking away and saying "No" in a nervous way
-Laid her head on shoulder again while on bus ride back
-Said yes to me whenever I asked her out (this one might be a very important note)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Lol, in the bag already, but normally if you were old enough, I would suggest escalating it to another level just to nail it.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

*Stumble, Trip, Stand*

Where am... O! GRT. OK. Ya. I remember this place.

So uh, hypothetically, how weird would it be to ask a girl out that you have not seen in about 6 years? I would ask her out in person when I visit where she lives but would it still be too weird?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I would ask her out in person when I visit where she lives but would it still be too weird?

It depends how much you know eachother, how close you were, how much of a jerk you were, etc.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ummm. Well, we know each other pretty well I think. We talk through text a bunch.
How close were we? Well she invited me to her birthday party before I moved. So at least pretty good friends.
I am actually never a jerk around her. I am an *** to a lot people but I just cannot be to her. She is just too nice and sweet.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

We talk through text a bunch.

Gahhhhh, no! Common mistake most guys make, don't do this. At least, don't do this unless you also talk to her alot irl, or meet her, or she'll start to associate you with only texting, hiding behind a wall of words.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Was in the hospital for a week for cardiac arrest and still went to prom. Surely that means something.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Was in the hospital for a week for cardiac arrest and still went to prom. Surely that means something.

It should, to your date.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Lol, in the bag already, but normally if you were old enough, I would suggest escalating it to another level just to nail it.

This was to me..yes?

Gahhhhh, no! Common mistake most guys make, don't do this. At least, don't do this unless you also talk to her alot irl, or meet her, or she'll start to associate you with only texting, hiding behind a wall of words.

Plus, you need that "face to face" communication. A connection between people can be immensely different between text conversations and real life conversations.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Well, we know each other pretty well I think.

You should be ok then. Talk face to face for at least a few minutes before asking her out.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

This was to me..yes?

Yes.

Plus, you need that "face to face" communication. A connection between people can be immensely different between text conversations and real life conversations.

Yes, this! Don't text, or use social media until that's the majority of the time you spend communicating with her. Calling is bad enough if used extensively, until she starts getting the notion that you'll never be man enough to ask her out physically.

Made that same mistake with my first girlfriend, but still got asked out lol. Doesn't always happen, so don't text and start the process!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

until she starts getting the notion that you'll never be man enough to ask her out physically.

Ummm... he moved. It wasn't a courage-problem thing.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Yes, but only eventually. It makes a lot of difference.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Since you know, I just have the time and money to fly halfway across the country just to talk in person to her.
You should be ok then. Talk face to face for at least a few minutes before asking her out.

Darn, I was totally just going to start the conversation with "Hi, how have you been? Want to go out?'
she starts getting the notion that you'll never be man enough to ask her out physically.
Yes, but only eventually. It makes a lot of difference.

I moved after 7th grade. Personally I think that 7th grade is too young to start dating.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Since you know, I just have the time and money to fly halfway across the country just to talk in person to her.

Oooo, didn't know it was the case. I wouldn't go for a girl that I can't meet physically most days though.

Darn, I was totally just going to start the conversation with "Hi, how have you been? Want to go out?'

Just ask. Be upfront. But only if you're familiar with her, and she's comfortable with you.
Showing 1891-1905 of 2106