ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: May 3, 2011. Codename: Battle Axe

46 13091
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next release will be May 3rd, and as yet, we have no code name. (We're not looking for suggestions just yet, Larry has a list we're following, I just don't know what's next on the list)

The big-super-duper-bacon-squee-happy-dance feature will be ...

/drumroll

... Armatars!

Our newest web developer, Phil, has been building an entirely new Armatar system on AG3. We're going to be grouping them into sets and collections, and man is it spiffy!!

Your armatar image will be so unique to you as an individual, if you right-click on the image and say "open image in new tab" or "copy image url" or whatever, your URL will not match any other user on the system (unlike right now on AG2), which means you're welcome to use the armatar on other sites that allow linking of images via URL, etc.

Uploading your own armatar will NOT be in this release -- that's a whole can of worms we're not going to open until later.

We also have some bug fixes planned, and I'm sure there will be other neat stuff, like Inbox message threads, but the rest of the list, as yet, is still being worked on.

• 46 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Reton8, all AG2 armatars will be present on AG3. As far as a 'classic' twist, I don't think so.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Will you ever bring back the starry shield armatar? D;

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Definitely maybe.

It'll be imported to AG3 but we may still reserve it for other uses.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Awesome! I miss mine. I pledged to keep it, but they took it away!!!
D;
Cannot wait. :3

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

That's cool, it should be pretty neat to see what new armatars will be like.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i love the original armatar, it's cool looking, but you can't have it permanently anymore. please PLEASE let us have it!! (and still no name? )

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Tomorrow's release will have a preview of how the Armatar system will work. Changes you make to your armatar on AG3 will not actually save. As far as I'm aware, ALL existing AG2 armatars will be present, including the coveted starry shield.

Also, you'll be able to tweak your privacy/email settings to receive an Email when you are sent a private message.

And, by popular demand, we've implemented a &quotresence" indicator, showing when you are online at the site. I think we have it set to a 15-minute timer right now. It'll show up on your profile, and beside your name when your friends view the Friends/Followers areas of their dashboard or the Activity Stream menu of the utility bar.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

And, by popular demand, we've implemented a &quotresence" indicator, showing when you are online at the site.

This right here is what I'm excited about, besides the whole armatar thing; that got plenty of attention. No longer will I give an emergency PM to someone who is asleep! No longer will I give a report to a mod that isn't there that day instead of the one that is currently active!

Also a little bit interested about how the armatar system will turn out :P
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I really excited for this. Ima get up early, take a shower, get dressed and get on and check it out for like 30 minutes before I go to school!

I hope I don't get up for nothing. Awesome name though sounds cool, I'm just so excited.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm exited to see the Armatar system and the online feature as well.

Changes you make to your armatar on AG3 will not actually save. As far as I'm aware, ALL existing AG2 armatars will be present, including the coveted starry shield.

So I'll be able to change to the starry shield on AG3? If so, then that sounds cool.

I've been waiting for an online feature to be implemented because I like to see when the people that are on my friends list are on online so that I can talk with them if I have something to say. Also, for the same reason as Frank, I can see when a certain Moderator is online so that I can report things better. :P
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

A little protip, Trojans, the common pattern for the AG3 developers is to release the new Beta update in the afternoon, their time, which would be right around now if it was the third of May. So if you live in the Marshall Islands, around 12:00PM is your sweet spot.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll know more about 10am-10:15am our time., but so far, we're looking at an early morning release.

The 3-week development cycles has given us lots of extra time to prepare, test, fix bugs, etc..

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

the coveted starry shield.

YES! Cormyn, I think I love you...<3

If I friend someone on AG3, will it show up on AG2?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

If I friend someone on AG3, will it show up on AG2?

I have friended several people on AG3 and they haven't showed up on my AG2 friends list. It's also a different way of friending users so I wouldn't expect the friends on AG3 to show up on AG2.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

AG3 isn't reverse compatible with many things, including the friend requests.

Showing 16-30 of 46