ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: May 3, 2011. Codename: Battle Axe

46 13088
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next release will be May 3rd, and as yet, we have no code name. (We're not looking for suggestions just yet, Larry has a list we're following, I just don't know what's next on the list)

The big-super-duper-bacon-squee-happy-dance feature will be ...

/drumroll

... Armatars!

Our newest web developer, Phil, has been building an entirely new Armatar system on AG3. We're going to be grouping them into sets and collections, and man is it spiffy!!

Your armatar image will be so unique to you as an individual, if you right-click on the image and say "open image in new tab" or "copy image url" or whatever, your URL will not match any other user on the system (unlike right now on AG2), which means you're welcome to use the armatar on other sites that allow linking of images via URL, etc.

Uploading your own armatar will NOT be in this release -- that's a whole can of worms we're not going to open until later.

We also have some bug fixes planned, and I'm sure there will be other neat stuff, like Inbox message threads, but the rest of the list, as yet, is still being worked on.

• 46 Replies
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

Awesome! I miss mine. I pledged to keep it, but they took it away!!!

You do know what the starry shield armatar means, right?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You do know what the starry shield armatar means, right?

At first it meant that you didn't choose an Armatar when you signed up.

Now it means that when you lose enough AP to drop down from your current Armatar you get the starry shield.
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

[quote=GhostOfMatrix]Now it means that when you lose enough AP to drop down from your current Armatar you get the starry shield.[/quote]
I thought it meant that that user was temporarily banned.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Lol, what gave you that impression? Nah, it was just the replacement original armatar people got when they had the transparent armatar before it was created. It populated AG alongside the colored shields, before it was removed.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

It got an infamous reputation lately because every time someone loses a bunch of ap it goes back to that. And when the glitch allows you to see the permabanned profiles they have the starry shield as well.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

And when the glitch allows you to see the permabanned profiles they have the starry shield as well.

...No, I saw 201's profile a day ago and he still had the Eagle Armatar - just checked to see if I could view his profile today and I cannot - it goes to the 404 error page.
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Freakenstein]Lol, what gave you that impression?[/quote]
I got that impression because I had that armatar when my account was banned for 1 day.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Once we made the 8 colorful shields, the starry shield was only used for people who had set an armatar that they didn't have the proper amount of points to attain. This meant people who tried to hack the armatar system, as well as users who lost points (due to spam) which made them ineligible for their chosen armatar, were the only ones who could get the starry logo.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I actually thought that the starry logo was extremely cool and if it was available (and my current wasn't better) i would have chosen it.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

is it out yet?

AG3 BETA Release 12: Battle Axe is dropping today! Includes armatars, e-mail alerts, and online indicator!

(from twitter)

that was 12 minutes ago! is is soon?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

beta is released, newsletters are sending, invite codes should already be out.

There's a known issue with the Public Square that we're working on.

Also, we'll probably wipe all Inbox messages during this next release cycle so we can overhaul it. We're going to simplify the Inbox setup, and it requires some changes to the database layout too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I logged onto the site a few minutes ago and the updates were already on the site without me having to clear my cache. I didn't even get a newsletter about it either. :P

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Clear your cache just to be safe, we change Javascript files in our testing, and your browser may have old copies.

Showing 31-43 of 46